Chapter 3: Oddly Shaped Cusions And The Vow

A/N: \(^u^)/ I just want to thank you for reading!! I love writing these and It's great to see others actually may like it too. Don't forget to enjoy+ all that other stuff. ❤️💀
_______________________________

What...the fuck?

Am I dead?

If I'm dead why do I hurt?

And smell?

Jesus I smell bad.

.........
.........
.........
.........

"Good morning!"

My eyes fly open to see a beautiful woman looking down at me. She smiles at me as my eyes grow in shock.

"How are you feeling?" She asked- generally sounding concerned.

"I feel.....like..shit.." I reply slowly. My voice hoarse and dry. I groan, shutting my eyes and rubbing my face as she chuckles. When I open them I squint in the sudden light and take a moment to study my surroundings.

I have no idea where I am. But wherever it is- it's not bad. But I now see this ins't a room, but a cave. Hollowed out with large pillars around the edges of the area. Creating cool spaces in the walls, which were dotted with pictures of woods and nature. It's pretty messy in here too. Some oddly shaped pillows placed on chairs, the floor, anywhere really. I like it though. It's cute. I realise now I must be in this woman's home.

I'm lying on what appears to be a makeshift bed. Nothing too fancy.
An old mattress. A few rugged quilts. A few pillows behind my head. A few snakes winding...around..the..banister.

...

This is the precise moment I decide to let out the loudest, girliest scream ever known to man.

"Shhhh! Hush now! You'll wake them up!" The woman whispered by my side.

As she said this, the whole cave seemed to awake. The odd shaped pillows started shuffling around where they lay. But upon second glance, they were no longer pillows- but animals! Woodland creatures tucked up in little balls started to uncurl themselves and squint around. Probably searching for the source of their rude awakening....
..i.e ME with my massive girlie scream.

I try to sit up, but suddenly my shoulder bursts into flames. My muscles are burning and I lie back and grit my teeth in agony. I feel the lady hold my face and kiss it.

"Stay still now, child. I will get you something for it." She hurries of into another room as I lay there in pain.
She comes back quickly, a cloth and bowl in hand. Unwrapping bandages on my arm, which I didn't even know where there, she dabs my wound with the cloth, the liquid soothing it a little.
She puts on fresh bandages and sets the cloth aside.

"Now child, what is your name?" She asked me softly.

"Kathyleen." I mumble. "Preferably Kat."

"What a beautiful name!" She smiles back at me with massive pearly whites.

"My name is Loveday." She told me.

She suited her name. She was very beautiful. She had long, goldy-brown, wavy hair. With sparkling happy eyes and a smile to mach. Her face delicate but strong, defined cheekbones and chin. As I looked at her, she smiled down at me.

"How old are you, Kat?" Asked Loveday.

"15" I reply shortly.

She smiled at me. Obviously very happy I was there and talking to her. Something tells me this lady doesn't talk to actual human beings much.

"There is no need to be afraid of me, child-"

"-I'm not." I reply quickly. I look at her straight in the eyes.

"Good." She states. Her eyes twinkling mysteriously now. "Then if I tell you my story...

..will you tell me yours?"

🍁🍂🍂🍁🍂🍁🍁🍂🍁🍁🍁🍁🍂

I march, back and forth in front of his door. Planning out exactly what I must say in my head. Oh God.

Finally my father opens the door and glares at me.

"...Yes?!" He demands- clearly royally pissed off at me for waking him this early before sunrise.

"Father" I address him formally, bowing. "May I come in?"

"Why?" He asked bluntly. Still glaring daggers at me.

"Please Father, you will want to hear of this. It's about...Loveday." I whisper urgently.

His eyes widen and he ushers me into his bedchamber.

"Speak." He demands sharply.

"She is in the woods." I state. "I saw her carrying a girl. A girl with hair the colour of blood. A trespasser.

"Carrying...a..girl you say?" Father looked sceptical.

"Injured or dead. She was probably trying to heal her." I replied, monotone.

"Sounds like Loveday. Your sister always did have a soft spot for little, broken things." He agrees carelessly.

"The girl. What did she look like?" Father asks, eyeing me with a tiny smirk. "Pretty?"

"I only saw her for a second when she ran past, and only her hair with Loveday. They were very far away." I reply void of emotion.
Lie.

"Very well. We will send out searches come daybreak- Goodnight, Robin." Father dismissed.

"If I may father, I will lead the search. I will return Loveday to the De Noir castle myself."

"Of course" said Father, already getting back into bed. Probably just wanting me to leave at this point.

I nod, leaving him in peace. As I strut down the hallways leading to my own bedchambers, marking the night with a silent vow to myself and the De Noir clan.

'I, Robin De Noir, will find my sister and bring her home to us.
I, Robin De Noir, will earn my father's respect.

I, Robin De Noir, will find the mysterious girl with the hair the colour of blood.'