Chapter 20: The great escape

A/N: I apologise for updates being slower recently but school work is really piling up.😫 I'm also (stupidly) in the process of planning new stories I hope to write after this one (but if there happen to be any Sherlockians out there, keep an eye out for the foreseeable future 😉👉)
Don't forget to like, comment, follow and enjoy! ♥️💀
________________________

As soon as Robin's soft snores started to fill the cell- she knew it had worked.

Very few people could resist the gentle hairstroking of doom- as she now could conclude, having succeeded with this tactic a whopping 3 whole times.
(The other two being Mimi and Rodger- who were admittedly both animals, but the concept still applies.)

Taking a moment to mentally applaud herself on her newfound brilliance, she swiftly reminded herself to stay completely still, for past experience also showed that most animals (therefore probably humans males too) don't always apriciate being suddenly woken from a sleep they had been sneakily lulled into. Seriously.
She still had the Mimi-and-Rodger-shaped scars.

Keeping a close eye on his slow rise-and-fall-ing chest, she ever so slightly shifted her knees beneath him, desperately trying to move his heavy-ass torso without him stirring. She got him as far as 2 inches closer to the ground before a sudden snore erupted into the deathly still room, scaring the shit out of Kat, causing her to promptly release the body and let it sink the last few centemetres to the hard dungeon floor. Loudly.

Eyes clamped tightly shut, she cringed visibly and waited for the inevitable. She could feel him shift around on the newfound hardness he had been so graciously thrown upon as she waited for the startled shout that was sure to come. Potentially shattering her only current plan for escaping.
But, for some reason, the noise never came.

She slowly cracked one eye open, only a slit, as she held her recoiled position.

Still nothing.

Slowly, as if she feared the movement alone would stirr him, she opened the eye fully (followed soon by the second) and tried to relax a little.

Funny, isn't it? If she were half as coutious as she is now when he was awake, she probably wouldn't be in this mess to start with.

Never the less, her eyes quickly scanned the gloomy, bare walls for her next plan of action.

Her gaze slid over to the large iron gate on the opposite side of the room, tracing its twisting tendrils of black metal for sign of weakness or pressure point. But alas, however old the gate, it showed no clues to any serious damage or decay. Meaning, no matter how many men before her had tried, there was no getting past this gate.
Many men would'v rotted away in this very cell, for whatever crime they may committed against the De Noirs.

But she certainly didn't plan to.

Her stare hardens as she continues to size-up the gate in silence, standing with her hands on her hips, and her eyebrows drawn in thought. The flames of the torches flickered quietly from their wallmounts, illuminating the cell in a bright amber glow and casting eriry black shadows across everything within. Including, as she pretended not to notice, across the face of the boy sleeping on the floor of the cell.

How the hell is this boy still asleep?
She thought to herself, more amazed than anything else.

Staring down at the boy in question, it was weird to find him not staring back at her for once- meaning she could now abuse this delightfully unpresidented advantage to take a good look at his face without her stare being met with those gooey chocolate eyes, or that damn all-knowing smirk that just screams "Don't think I can't see you checking me out."