Chapter 5: Happy Hunting

HELLO HUMANS. Sorry it was such a while since I last updated. I've had stuff....thangs. Anyway here you go! Don't forget to enjoy, If you do- votes are always appreciated. (-; ❤️💀

_______________________________

No words can describe how happy I am today.

I'm FREE.

.......

Well, until Loveday gets back that is.

I glare at myself for ruining the moment.

ANYWAYSS

Where do I go first?
My blood's pumping around my head so fast I didn't even process the question before I sprint off in a random direction.

My feet violently attacking the forest floor.
Jumping and sliding under roots and fallen trees like it was the most natural thing in the world.
I laugh like a madman.

I'm FRREEEEEEE.

I force myself to stop. GOD IM JUST SO EXITED. I try to calm down. I need a plan. 'Get your shit together, Kat.' The reasonable half of my brain scolds the other like it is an annoying child. My excitable side blows a raspberry.
Christ. I'm giving my brain personalities. I'm definatly going insane, aren't I? ...
Wait no ones actually listening. I'm thinking...Does that make that question rhetorical then? ...
Yes probab- Now I'm just talking to myself! In my head...which has a split personali- FOCUS. YOU IDIOT- FOCUS.

I face palm. Shorty after, realising that I have been starting into space, WASTING VALUABLE TIME, and then...face palmed. I'm SO glad I'm alone right now.
I've been kept in that cave far too long.

That's when an idea hits me-
Let's go find some company.

🍂🍁🍁🍁🍂🍁🍂🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍂

We stumble into a clearing, out of breath.

'I swear Robin, I saw her- she was right here!' The brute of a man behind me whined.

I look for tracks on the ground.

'She was never here.' I grumble. Fuck.
It's bad enough I could only find Bartem to accompany me, now we're chasing his hallucinations around the woods.

I plonk myself down on a rotting stump. Closing my eyes and pull my bowler hat down over my face. The low morning sun casting long shadows around the clearing.

'Robin.' He calls to me deep voice shattering my peace. I lift my hat an inch and glare. 'What?'

I look at the man before me, he's a big guy- muscular and tall, strong face, short cut hair. But he has an innocence in his eye that reflects that of a child. Wanting to be seen as a man. Even though he is older than me- by 2 years to be precise- he has the intellect of a child too. And is therefore twice as annoying.
Well you know what they say, some babies hit they're heads coming out.

But he must've been thrown at a wall.

'...WHAT?' I repeat my question. He looks at me shocked. Realising he never answered me. Then slowly points to a tree behind me.

I turn.

🍂🍁🍁🍁🍂🍁🍂🍂🍁🍂🍂🍂🍁

I flatten my back to the tree I climbed down. Shit.

"Who's there?" A voice calls out. Sounding deep, if a little timid.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.
They can't see me.

"Come out, or we're coming in." Sounded a much more confident voice.
Just play it cool. Just stay calm.

I smirk.

Fuck it.

🍂🍁🍂🍂🍁🍂🍁🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

Slowly, I see the shadows move. Someone is there.

"You going to come out?" My voice sounds strong through the clearing. This is my wood, and I am not afraid of anyone dumb enough to enter it.

"No thanks, It's rather nice hiding in the shadows." A voice replies suddenly. A very confident, clear voice. A female voice.

My heart stops. Partly because of the surprising, almost sexy, confidence of the voice. And partly because I know who it has to be.

A soft sigh echos from the tree, when a girl steps out from behind it.
A really pretty girl.
I stare. Taking in every inch of her.

Her face is not rounded as I had imagined, but defined. High cheekbones and mischievous eyes, making her seem almost like a nymph or pixie. Strong brows arched in a sassy fashion, lips smirking confidently. Her apparel plain, showing off her slim form and hugging her, showing off curves. I follow them lazily with my eyes.
'Watch it.' I tell myself.
No googling the enemy.
After seeing her so weak in the woods two years ago, I always imagined her to be so tiny and delicate. She may me smaller. But she was strong. Slim, delicate frame covered in wiry, defined muscles.

Then- of course- is the hair. Blood red, it reaches down to almost her elbows. Thick and wavy, she has it tumbling over her left shoulder- as she leans on the tree to her right. Staring back at me. With -strangely- dark, big brown eyes. She was beautiful.

"Paint a picture- It'll last longer." She speaks across the clearing.
That is the moment I realise I've been staring at this girl for ages, without saying anything.
Play it cool.

"And who might you be?" I decide to ignore her previous statement. My own signature smirk confidently plastered on my face.

"Who wants to know?" She retorts quickly. Same smirk and raised eyebrow. She's sharp this one. I like her.
NO. No I don't.

"How rude of me," I raise my eye brow. "I am Robin De Noir." Smirk still prominent on my face.

Then she burst into laughter.