Chapter 18: Its not what it looks like

A/N: I'm sorry I'm a procrastinator and I'm so so sorry it is so late- but this one is twice as long as usual! 😬👐 Quick bit of feedback tho, would it be useful if I labelled POVs whenever it changes? Just let me know if you think it would help..
Don't forget to vote, follow, comment and ENJOYY! 💀❤️
_________________________

She stands before me, glaring darkly as she struggles, restrained by my men- her chin tipped up towards being held firmly by my finger. And in the pause that follows, my question is left, lingering. Awaiting it's answer and ringing out dramatically through the silence that has fallen between us.

She looks at me, and still looks at me.

She doesn't move an inch.

As I stare down at her upturned face, if only for that second- I am painfully reminded of how pretty she is. Striking red hair to match her delicately strong features and equally attractive rebellious attitude.
But in a second, the moment is gone and the silence is broken by her far-too-calm and confident voice once more.

"I'm done answering questions." She states, jaw set in defiance. "You don't scare me, De Noir."

I drop my hand from her chin, continuing to look down upon her from my great hight. I smirk. For a girl with such a big character, she really isn't that tall. 5ft 8 at a maximum.

"Is that so?" I chuckle, challengingly- stepping closer until our bodies are brushing up against one another. My heavy black leather against the thin fabric materials of her night garments.
Yes, it hadn't quite escaped my notice- her clothes..
...or lack thereof.

Quickly catching myself out, before my darker thoughts get the better of me, I step back -my eyes finding hers once again as a small flicker of amusement dances within them.

"Well I hate to break it to ya, Princess- but thats not quite how this works.." I say, smiling sadly at her, shrugging my shoulders in mockery. "You see-" But before I finish, she does something very stupid.

Ballsy.

But stupid.

🍂🍁🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍂🍁🍁🍂

The large gob of spit lands on his left boot, foamy and shining almost  satisfyingly.
But I know straight away that it had worked.

His face had hardened slightly, his jaw tensed and an angry look gleamed in his eyes as they spun suddenly from his spit- spotted boot to me. Unfortunately, it turned out it didn't have the complete desired effect..

I mean, it pissed him off alright- that much was obvious, but he didn't seem to be the right kind of angry.

He wasn't fuming like he usually was, a fumbling angry mess you could laugh at and simply trip over. He was still smirking, for one- giving me a menacing look which, in another life, may actually scare me.

That is, I wasn't scared until he sent his boys out.

That's when I knew shit was about to go down.

Robin stands at the gate, watching each man as he leaves with the same sharpened eyes and set jaw and to be completely honest- It's kinda hot.