five- it's time to say goodbye.

this chapter is going to be in third person yo.

Ryan had told Brendon that he was leaving in two weeks.

so they did what anyone would do, they did everything together.

the first week they hung out with Spencer every day because Spencer is part of a teaching program where they go teach other kids around the world who don't have access to proper learning materials and he's going to be gone when Ryan leaves officially so Ryan and Spencer said their goodbyes early.

last week it was just a lot of pictures, a lot of making out, and a lot of tears.

Ryan leaves tomorrow morning.

"what's going to happen with us?" Brendon asks as they sit on Brendon's roof looking at the stars.

"I-I don't know, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, i'm scared."

"scared of what?"

"most long distance relationships end horribly" Brendon says sadly

"and we'll be in different time zones." Ryan says even though he wishes it wasn't he knows it's true.

"do you th-" Brendon starts.

"but it's only temporary! I am coming back" Ryan interrupts.

Brendon sighs.

Ryan sighs and puts his hand over Brendon's "did you want to?"

"what?"

"did you want to like t-take a break until I come back?"

"I think maybe we should, you know end it on a good note for now, instead of trying long distance and end up getting hurt"

"s-so do you just want to be best friends and that way we can still check on each other?"

"y-yeah I think that sounds good."

"ok, but can we become just best friends tomorrow and be boyfriends until the rest of the night?" Ryan asks standing up.

"yes, please, the longer we're together the better, where are you going?" he asks as Ryan climbs into the window.

"I left my guitar inside and I have something to show you! stay there!"

Ryan comes back up with his guitar.

he takes some folded pieces of paper out of his pocket.

"I wrote this song for you. I've been saving it for a day where you needed it, I want to sing it for you before i go, here's the lyrics and chords, when you're sad I want you to play it or sing it, then one day hopefully we can sing it together because its originally supposed to be a duet."

"Ryan I-"

"shh, I want you to always remember this line, it's especially for you it's goes I know the world's a broken bone, but melt your headaches, call it home."

"okay."

ryan starts playing softly.

If all our life is but a dream
Fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelery to the sea

For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me
.

Brendon smiles softly with tears in his eyes and hugs Ryan really tight.

"I love it, I love you, i'm going to miss you so much" Brendon says crying.

"I love you too Brendon, never forget that ok?" Ryan says now crying too.

they stay in each other's arms for the rest of the night.

until Ryan gets a call from his mom saying it's time to go.

they share one last kiss.

"I'll see you, hopefully soon, I love you beebo, take care ok?" Ryan says squeezing brendon's hand one last time.

"see you soon, and you too, I love you too." Brendon says sniffling

Ryan hugs Brendon one last time and Brendon watches as Ryan climbs inside and then appears downstairs outside and drives away.

a/n: now I've made myself sad