twelve - where did the party go.

ryan's pov:

it's been a while since brendon has written to me, i'm afraid he didn't get in the talent show but he's too embarrassed to tell me, but if he didn't thats their loss he's so talented.

i can't send him anything until he replies, which sucks.

i guess i'll give him some time, perhaps he got the spot in the talent show and he's just really busy.

he could also be busy with school because school sucks and i remember him complaining about how his math teacher gives him loads of homework.

poor brendon is terrible at math, bless his soul for trying though.

he probably is just busy with school, i guess i should be focusing on school too instead of just waiting around for a letter.

Brendon's pov:

i sent my letter to ryan a couple weeks ago and he still hasn't replied.

i mean if he doesn't reply then he doesn't reply i guess.

my mom says i have to continue with life no matter what happens because life's too short to waste it waiting around.

she told me to make friends because i've been looking lonely without spencer and ryan, i guess she's right.

josh is my friend, except he goes to a different school.

pete is kinda my friend but he's always busy with his band because they've been getting noticed more and they're a little older than me.

i take out my homework when i remember the boy from my math class, i never texted him.

he's kinda cute, and he said he'd help me.

i decide to text him.

me : hey this is dallon right? or did he give me a false number?

Dallon : no it is me haha

me : ok, cool (: i was wondering if you weren't busy and if you could help me with the math hw?

me : it's brendon btw (:

Dallon : hahah i figured it was brendon. i'm not busy though, i was actually just getting started on the homework, we can work on it together? do you want to meet up somewhere or something?

me : haha well sorry i don't know how often you get asked for your number and yeah that'd be great do you wanna meet at starbucks in like 20 minutes?

Dallon : i get asked for my number like once a year and sound good.

me : haha well people who don't ask are missing out, and ok, i'll see you in a bit (:

for some reason i feel kinda nervous, like if it were a date.

it's not a date though.

but i mean if it was, it'd be ok, right? because ryan and i aren't together, and he hasn't reached back to me.

why am i overthinking this i don't even know dallon yet.

i grab my backpack and start heading out the door

"where are you going?" my mom, scares me

"to do some homework"

"why out? can't you do it here?" she asks

"because i'm going to work on some homework with someone" i say quickly

"wait, oh my god! is it a boy?!"

"is he cute!?"

"he is a boy, and i don't know maybe, i have math with him and he offered to help me, i'm late can i please go?"

"yes yes! of course! but you have to fill me in on everything when you get back!" she says excited

i sigh and shake my head as i walk out the door to meet dallon.

.