2- ʙᴇsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ

As soon as she reached home she opened the door only to see her bestfriend watching a movie while hugging his plushie.

He looked at her and turned off the television, walked towards the girl and without warning he hugged her making her cry in his arms.

"I knew it wouldn't go well. That bastard doesn't deserve you" he said while patting her head in a comforting way.

"H-he told me to abort the baby a-and accused me of doing it with someone else" she sobbed and the guy gritted his teeth in anger.

It hurts to see his best friend like this. Knowing that the person who made her like this is somehow close to him.

"J-jeno, I.. H-he" she kept on stuttering, not knowing what to say.

The boy just wants to see his best friend happy and will do anything for her.

He then suddenly thought of an idea. It's crazy but it's worth the try, especially if it can make her happy.

"I'll be the father, Hyerin" he said making the girl shocked and pull out of the hug.

"Y-you can't! You have a boyfriend and I don't want to burden you. Besides, you don't have to worry I can do this myself" Hyerin said, still shocked about the words that came out of Jeno's mouth.

"If he can't take the responsibility of being the father of that child then I will cuz I'm a real man." Jeno replied.

"You're gay"

"At least I'll be a better dad than he could ever be." the boy said and held Hyerin's cheek.

"Look, I hate to see you like this. I wanna help you, ok?" Jeno said and the girl sighed.

"Really? Y-you'll do that for me?" Hyerin asked again.

"Yes! I'll help you with the expenses and treat you and your baby well. I promise that I'll be the best dad that this child could ever have" Jeno said and caressed her tummy.

Jeno then held his pinky out making Hyerin sigh then she smiled.

"Yah! Are you a child?" she teased him and Jeno rolled his eyes playfully.

"Just swear on it"

The two intertwined their pinkies, meaning the promise should be kept.

"Some say that promises are meant to be broken but I have no intentions of breaking this one" Jeno said and Hyerin smiled at him.

She hugged him again mumbling a 'thank you' making Jeno hug her back.

"But will Jaemin be okay with this?" she asked.

"I don't know yet. But I'm sure he will be okay with this, I hope" he said, hoping that his boyfriend is gonna be okay with him being a dad of his best friend's child.

After a few minutes the two had dinner and Jeno decided to sleep over at Hyerin's place to comfort her after a long day.

The two cuddled and Hyerin was slowly falling asleep.

"I'll be the best dad, I promise you that" Jeno whispered and drifted off to dreamland.

To be continued...

Author's note:

Find yourself a bestie like our dear Jeno.

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie