seven

3 months later

You stepped out of the arrival hall of Gimpo airport, to see a familiar figure in oversized glasses waving at you frantically from behind the hordes of people who were thronging the entrance to meet their loved ones.

You smiled, waving brightly as you slid past the people at the entrance with difficulty to reach Seokjin.

"I missed you, lil sis," Seokjin said as he hugged you tightly.

"I missed you too, it's great to be back," You smiled as he released you from his bear hug.

Seokjin helped to wheel your suitcase to the car as you stretched while walking, taking the chance to loosen up your jet lagged body from the long flight.

"Did you manage to get a job?" Seokjin asked, helping you load your suitcase into the back of his car before joining you in the car.

"At a pet clinic in Gangnam," You replied, "The professor at the uni had connections."

"Wow that's great. Jobs like that pay well," Seokjin hummed thoughtfully to himself.

"I hope you're not thinking of increasing my rent because of that," You said jokingly.

"I can't believe that you think so badly about me," He gasped, looking offended as you chuckled, shaking your head to let him know that you had been joking.

The rest of the car ride was spent in comfortable silence, with Seokjin's favourite song thrumming softly through the interior of the car. You took this chance to look around the take in the sights of the city which you had missed so much during the 2 years you were away.

You wondered about how the boys were doing, and for a brief second, thought about Jimin's family, whether they had been coping well for the last 2 years with their family coporation's CEO, and more importantly, the loss of their eldest son.

"Jimin's dad is the CEO now," Seokjin said, as if reading your thoughts.

"I see."

"It might be a little early to inform you, but it's his 2nd annivesary in 2 months " Seokjin paused for a moment to glance at you, "Are you going?"

There was a moment of silence as you shifted in the leather seat, "... I guess."

The death anniversary... of course you had to attend. After all, you had been his wife when he was still alive.

"Y/N, this might be a little too pushy, but do you still miss Jimin?"

"Of course I do. I miss his bright presence from time to time, and I wake up pining for him every once in a while, but I guess I've pretty much gotten over his death. While I was overseas I took some counselling classes and they helped loads."

Seokjin hesitated for a moment before nodding, "That's great.... You're still young. You still have your whole life laid out for you. You can still find a partner."

"Maybe. What about you?" You changed the subject promptly.

"Taken."

"Namjoon?"

Withour hesistation, Seokjin replied, "Yup."

"Heyyy not bad," You teased him, leaving Seokjin to flush a shade of pink as the car pulled into the car park of the apartment which he stayed in.

You skipped ahead of Seokjin, tapping in the passcode of his apartment.

You jumped in surprise when you were greeted by a small shape running up to greet you with its tongue lolling out and its tail wagging happily: It was a dog.