sixteen

It was a week from the trip and Jungkook was coming back from one of his business trips today. After spending so much time with him, you were sure of your feelings for him and wanted to surprise him at the airport when he arrived later today. You glanced up at the clock.

He would be arriving in two hours.

With bumbling feet, you ran into your room to get dressed, only to be accompanied by Geureum, who yapped excitedly. You bent down, smiling as you rubbed the maltese's head, "You're excited that Jungkook's coming back, right?"

It yapped back in response and you grinned as you headed into your room, leaving the maltese to it's own devices
As you pulled on clothes onto yourself, the glint of the silver pendant which Jimin had given you caught your eye in your mirror. You thumbed at it lightly and suddenly, the necklace felt and looked out of place on your neck.

Without a second thought, you unclasped the necklace from around your neck. In an instant, you felt as if a weight had been lifted off your chest. Even though you felt horribly guilty to Jimin, you couldn't deny that your marriage to him before he had passed on had been the key factor which had been holding you back from getting back together with Jungkook. You didn't want to seem like you jumped from one man to another, but it had been almost three years since the incident and like Seokjin said, you had to move on.

Your relationship with Jimin had been blissful, but as you thought back about it, it didn't seem to ignite sparks in you the same way when you and Jungkook interacted. Perhaps it was just because time had passed, perhaps it wasn't. Maybe Jungkook was really the one, you reflected.

You clenched your jaw resolutely and pulled open your drawer. Picking up the small black box which it belonged to, you gently set it back and clasped it shut, before picking up a smaller, velvet red box sitting in a corner of your drawer.

A necklace which Jungkook had given you two weeks earlier sat inside the velvety linings of the interior of the box, waiting patiently for you.

--

"What's this?" You asked.

"It's just a necklace," Jungkook said a little shyly as he set the small, red box into your hands, "If you don't know how to broach the subject, just wear the necklace and I'll know."

"Thank you, Jungkook," You smiled widely and he returned it with a small quirk of his lips.

"Don't mention it."

--

You made sure to clasp the necklace securely around your neck, looking into the mirror to admire the way it glimmered in the sunlight shining though the windows of you room before grabbing your purse as you headed out.

You shivered in the unusually cool weather as you waved your hand for a taxi. Soon, one came and you slid into the back seat with a soft sigh as you gave the taxi driver your desired destination. The driver nodded and the taxi sped off into the clear roads of your neighbourhood as you sank into the soft leather seat of the taxi and became preoccupied with playing games on your mobile phone.

"...incident at Incheon airport..."

A small excerpt from the radio caught your attention as you locked your phone and sat up a little straighter.

"Excuse me, sir, could you increase the volume of the radio?"

The drivet acceeded your request with a silent nod as he turned up the dial of the radio.

"For those of you who have just missed the breaking news of the day, flight SQ284F, which had been on it's way from Singapore to the Incheon airport, had met with technical problems while touching down on the airport runway. As a result, the plane skidded off the tarmac at the airport, resulting in many casualties and also, damage to the airport property. Casualties have now been sent to Seoul General Hospital..."