fifteen

"So what are you buying?" You asked curiously as you and Jungkook strolled down the aisle of the brightly lit supermarket.

He rummaged around his work bag before producing an extremely crumpled piece of paper with a trumphiant smile.

"Seokjin hyung told me to get these..." Jungkook's voice trailed into mutters as he squinted at the illegible scribbles, presumptly his own, on the paper.

He walked off suddenly, mumbling to himself as he tried to locate the correct aisle without looking at where he was going. You had to rush forward and pull him to the side before he collided head first into a shelf full of sauces.

"Careful," You nagged and he smiled as he nodded.

The two of you walked past endless aisles of neatly stacked products together, with you laughing at Jungkook occasionally when he mixed up the items that he was supposed to get.

"Would you like to get some frozen nuggets? It's going at on a promotion now!" The voice of a saleswoman caught both your attentions and Jungkook tugged you over to where the saleslady was frying the nuggets.

"They smell great," Jungkook complimented and the lady beamed back, "Of course, have a taste."

She handed Jungkook and you each a small piece of the nugget each and watched as the both of you chewed on it, when she suddenly spoke, clasping her hands together dramatically as she did so.

"Aigoo, you two look so compatible with each other. You two must be husband and wife, right?"

You cleared your throat, "Actually-"

"How did you know?" Jungkook faked an astonished look at the woman as he pulled you close with his free arm, your body fitting snugly into the length of his arm.

Your eyes widened in surprise as you felt your heart flutter as you felt Jungkook pull you close. You were about to interrupt when Jungkook, knowing that you were extremely sensitive to contact on yours sides, poked your side lightly with his index finger to keep you from spilling. You almost doubled over, on the brink of giggling hysterically when the saleslady looked at you, concerned.

"Is your wife okay?"

"She's just uh-" Jungkook paused for a moment, "She's just hungry, that's why."

The lady looked somewhat baffled, "Ah I see."

"I'll get two packets of the nuggets then," Jungkook continued smoothly and the lady beamed, cheerfully handing Jungkook two large packets of the chicken nuggets before chirping for the both of you to come again as you dragged Jungkook away.

"I can't believe you actually did that," You exclaimed once the lady was out of earshot and Jungkook chuckled, "Since you recalled everything, I won't be holding back anymore."

You frowned, surprising Jungkook by pressing a hand to his forehead.

"What are you doing?" He quirked an eyebrow inquisitively at you.

"Just wanted to check if you were sick. You're completely different from the Jungkook who had been avoiding me the past few days," You sighed as you pulled your hand away, evoking an embarrassed sputter from Jungkook as his face turned a light shade of pink.

"I-i was just awkward because I..." Jungkook stammered, "We gotta pay for the groceries, let's just go."

You laughed, voice ringing out as clear as a bell as Jungkook abruptly changed the subject and walked off the the cashier without you, the tip of his ears turning red. It was a wonder how Jungkook could turn from confident to bashful and from sexy to cute in a split second.