twenty-five

The sound of plates and utensils clinking against each other filled the kitchen as you pulled a piping hot ready-made pizza out of the oven, topped up with extra cheese, just how Jungkook liked it.

Jungkook hardly ever got mad at you- you guys mostly bantered jokingly- but on the rare occasions that he did, a pizza always did the trick.

At least it did, 90% of the time.

It made your stomach grumble and the insides of your mouth pool with saliva, but you clenched your teeth tightly together, fighting against the hunger pangs thrumming through you, determined not to nibble at it because you'd made it just for Jung-must-have-enough-cheese-to-kill-himself-Kook.

(Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that the man's a gym rat coupled with his amazing metabolism, you'd be able to put him in his place for pinching the rolls of fat on your tummy)

You were in the midst of attempting to gnaw off one of the side pieces of the pepperoni when Geureum whined loudly, nosing in between your slipper clad feet. You set down the plate, sighing as you did so, to pick up Geureum easily in your arms.

It's clear that Geureum hadn't gotten any attention from his dear Jungkookie today, given that Jungkook had disappeared inside his room the moment he'd come home, so the little maltese had obviously decided to settle for a consolation prize aka you.

"I know, I know," You murmured, talking to Geureum despite knowing that he wouldn't be able to reply, "Jungkook hasn't given me any attention either, and it's all my fault."

Geureum woofed, visibly cheered up as he licked up the side of your face enthusiastically, tongue lolling out and paws pointed towards the pizza as if prompting you to go to Jungkook.

You made a face, "Do you think Jungkook will be less angry if you give him the pizza instead?"

"Woof!"

"I'll take that as a yes," You chuckled, bending down to ruffle the pup's head affectionately. You got back up with a sigh, about to bring the pizza to Jungkook
when the kitchen door creaked open softly.

Your back was to the door, but you didn't have to turn to know that it was Jungkook, who'd probably been lured out by the fragrance of freshly baked pizza wafting out from the kitchen.

Jungkook, for one, had always been sensitive to scents, and despite the masculine image he exuded, he had a whole collection of women's scents and vanilla candles stashed away in one of his cabinets.

(He used cologne whenever he went to work, of course, but nothing was going to stop you from attempting to spray his suits with 'Fancy Love')

He nosed around for awhile with his hands tucked in his pockets, as if you weren't there, nonchalantly looking through the cabinets like no one was home.

"I made pizza," You squeaked, whipping around to hold out the plate, "You're hungry, right?"

You could see Jungkook stiffen a little, gaze moving slowly to rest on you, before settling on the pizza. His eyes gleamed a little as he made  his way across the kitchen, crossing in a few short strides until your face was just inches away from his neck, his close proximity to you comforting yet overbearing all at once.

His fingers curled over yours appreciatively as he gently pried the plate from your hands. You gently sucked in a breath at the sudden contact, not sure as to why Jungkook was being like this when he's mad at you.

"Jungkook-"

Jungkook's stoic expression quickly morphed into a teasing one as he ducked down to press a brief peck onto your cheek, before pulling back with his eyes curved into gentle crescents, an easy smile hanging off his lips.