Here Comes A Fighter (3)

Shellys POV

Iwas momentarily shocked, and once again couldn’t do anything but stare. I regained my senses and gave her a timid smile back. She held out her hand.

“I don’t think we’ve been introduced I’m TY” I took her hand.

“I’m Shelly,” I said with the biggest grin ever.

“Well ill see you around Shelly” she said and walked off into the locker room.

See her around? What does that mean? Does it mean id see her often? I hope so.  

Turns out it did. She became my daily bag partner. Every evening as soon as I arrived at the gym wed jump on the bag together. For an hour I helped her forget and she helped me, we worked till we could barely stand. Not many words were exchanged and I preferred it that way. This continued for about a month.

I packed up my stuff and headed home after my usual workout with TY. I checked my mail on the way in, bills,bills,bills. Dammit, I had gone a little overboard on grocery shopping this month by accident so I was a little short on rent money. I knew what this meant. So after a quick nap I got up took a short shower and put on my fighting outfit which consisted of a black sports bra and basketball shorts. I hopped in my car and drove to the ring. My friend Derrick saw me and just waved me in I held up my hand to signal to him I wanted to fight 5 times tonight and watched as he scribbled down my info.

The crowd was currently cheering for 2 guys one side for one dressed in black named “the Crusher” (so original) and the other side for one dressed in green named  “Panther”.  I went into the corner with the other fighters and wrapped my knuckles. 20 minutes later I heard the announcer shout “now ladies and gentleman time for one of our best fighters SIMBAA!!! Going up against The Smasher!!” yeah my fighting name was Simba, I always adored the Lion King when I was younger.

I strutted into the ring like I owned the place, and a tremendous amount of applauses and whistles were heard. Then ‘The Smasher’ walked in and got into his stance, as did I. we circled each other for a good amount of time, I took this period to analyze him he was leaning heavily on his left foot so that was the side he favored, and he was all bulk so I assumed he’d use brute force and not be so quick in dodging. He threw a right hook which I quickly ducked under, and landed a left hook to his jaw. He stumbled that was the opening I needed I quickly put a fast hard round kick onto his right leg. It buckled slightly so I landed on again. He fell to is knees and I kicked him in the face. The crowd went wild. 

That’s how I continued for the next four fights, except some of them actually got punches in. By the time I left I had racked up an impressive 5 grand plus a sprained rib and a couple of bruises here and there on my stomach they hurt like a bitch but id been through worse. I still went to the gym the next day. Ty and me headed over to the bag and started up as usual. 30 minutes in I was on the verge of passing out my rib was killing me, I had to stop. I stepped off the bag holding my side gasping. I signaled for her to keep going. She didn’t. She stopped and came over to me.

“Shelly are you alright?” she asked, I was surprised considering we barely muttered more than three words to each other every day. And I could actually hear concern in her voice.

“Yeah I’m fine, just tired” I lied

She obviously didn’t believe me and glanced towards where I was holding my side.

“Lift up your shirt” she demanded

“Excuse me?” I said, this woman had no right to ask me to do such a thing.

“Lift it up or I will” her tone was cold, and I had no doubt shed do just that.

I took off my gloves and slowly lifted up my shirt, my stomach was littered it bruises but the one by my rib was the worse it was all shades of black and blue and red. I heard her sharp intake of breath.

“What happened?”  She asked

“I fell down the stairs” I lied again.

This time she looked me straight in the eye and glared at me for a good 5 minutes.

“Don’t lie to me Shelly”