Here Comes A Fighter (5)

I shouldn’t feel as mad as I do. I really have no right. So what if she didn’t like me. Why did I care? After 5 minutes off the bag catching my breath I got back on the bag ignoring the pain in my rib. I just kept going, even after the hour was up I kept punching the bag. I was just so frustrated. I was mad that I couldn’t control my life. I was mad about having to struggle to get money, I was mad about being foolish enough to think this detached uninterested woman liked me. I was suddenly pulled away from the bag roughly.

“What the fuck are you doing!?” seethed Ty

I yanked my arm away from her and glared at her like she was the devil.

“Don’t touch me,” I said calmly

“What the hell is your problem Shelly!?” she yelled at me

“You! You’re my problem!” I belted out

“Well then can you tell me why that is cause I have no idea what I did to become your problem!No he hablado con usted más de dos veces!” she shouted. I didn’t even understand what she said but it sounded like she started rambling in Spanish.

“Nothing Ty nothing, I’m leaving now”

With that I left the gym not even looking back to see if she was following. Half way to my car I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around Ty was running toward me with her duffle bag slung over her shoulder looking very much like a man. I liked my lips she looked absolutely delicious all panting and sweaty. I could see the rise and fall of her breast under the big t-shirt that attempted to mask them. 

“Tell me what I did wrong?” she said

I sighed “you didn’t do anything wrong Ty”

“I obviously did if I’m as you say, your problem”

“And I said forget about it” I tried to find a way to get out of the conversation because I wasn’t going to tell this woman I liked her. Rejection was something I didn’t handle very well.

“See you tomorrow Shelly”

After that she simply turned around and walked to her car and proceeded to speed off. I felt like a bad person. She was probably hurt that I yelled at her. She may look like a boy but under that tough exterior I bet she was just as woman as the rest of us. Or maybe she was just upset that a random woman she barely knew was always lashing out at her when she was just trying to help. I didn’t know. I just needed to get her out of my head.

I was on my way home when I decided to go to the bar. I still had money left over from my winnings and tonight I was planning on getting drunk and forgetting all about Ty. I went up to the bar and sat down on a stool.  I then proceeded to order shot after shot. By 4 I was done and things were spinning. I didn’t handle my liquor really well. I stumbled to my car and then realized that I couldn’t drive it, not in my condition. So I just sat down beside it and waited.

“Shelly, shelly are you okay?” some voice asked me. 

I opened my eyes to see a man squatting down beside me shaking my shoulder. I guess I must’ve fallen asleep.

“Yeah, yeah I’m good,” I slurred getting up on wobbly knees. I don’t know how long I was asleep for but it obviously hadn’t been long since the liquor was still in my system and it wasn’t that dark out yet.

“Do you need a ride home?” he asked. For a man his voice was really feminine, and he had a lot of hair. That really all my alcohol-induced mind could process about the stranger,

“Yeah, but you cant come inside with me I’m strictly non dickly” I giggled

He looked shocked but then took my upper arm and dragged me to his car, which was right next to mine.

“But what about my carrrrr” I whined

“You’ll get it later” he said

“But, but what if someone steals it! I saw batman around the corner!”

“Ill come and get it for you and drop it to your house”

 I smiled he was so sweet. I hope he wasn’t trying to get me to sleep with him, that wouldn’t work out so well for him considering I could kick his ass in 2 seconds flat.

“What’s your address?” he asked.

I laughed his voice was so much like a girls, it was familiar too I couldn’t place it though but I know I recognized it…and those eyes I knew those eyes too.

“162-45 Birmingham drive”

With that he drove me to my house, we didn’t say anything. I was wondering why a stranger found a random drunk girl and decided to drop her home, but I decided not to question my luck.

“Here ya go,” he said and I opened my door.

We were at my apartment complex I hadn’t even realized when we got here. I stumbled out the car. He caught me and helped me up the stairs.

“Which apartment?”

“9G” I told him trying to regain my footing.

When we got there he helped me get my key into the lock and walked me to my bed where I plopped down.

“Bye Shelly”

“Wait how do you know my name” 

“Go to sleep” he told me

And I did I fell into a very deep sleep, I didn’t dream that night.