Here Comes A Fighter (4)

I just stared at her. I didn’t know what to say. I wasn’t going to tell someone who was practically a stranger to me my whole life story, because that’s what it would lead up to. Id tell her I was fighting and then shed ask me why and from there it would just all come tumbling out. I didn’t want that.

“Its none of your business where I got it from” I simply stated hoping she would get the clue that I didn’t want to talk about it.

“Fine” she said and then turned on her heel and walked away.

I sighed. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings but I barely knew her. I didn’t want to bare my soul to someone I had only met a month age, never mind the fact that wed never even actually had a real conversation before this. I was done for the day I packed my stuff up and headed home. 

At work the next day I was beyond stressed. I wanted to go to the gym today but I didn’t want to run into Ty. One of my friends Angela saw that I was practically biting my nails and asked me out to lunch so we could talk.

“So who’s this girl your stressing over?” she asked

“How do you know it’s a girl?” I hadn’t hinted that I was having any trouble with women.

“ I know you” it was true she did wed been friends for about 2 years so she knew me pretty well

“No one just someone I met at the gym”

“Anddddd??” she stressed it at the end

“She got me angry”

“Okay why don’t you just tell me the whole story because were not getting anywhere with you and your short ass responses”

“Well I met her about a month ago, her and I like training on the bag so we usually train together, I went to the rink the other night and think I might have sprained my rib. So yesterday when we were on the bag it started hurting really badly and I had to step off. She asked me what was wrong and I said nothing, then she demanded I lift up my shirt”

“Wait, wait, wait she demanded?”

“Yes and I did, then she asked me where I got them from and I told her to mind her business, she got mad and stormed off”

“Well maybe she was just concerned about you and was mad at the fact that you brushed her off” my friend suggested

I hadn’t thought about that honestly, all I thought about was the fact that she got mad at me when she had no right to.

“ Now I’m nervous about seeing her today at the gym, what will I say? What if she doesn’t talk to me?” I asked worriedly

“Then you go up to her and talk to her and explain that things got a little too personal”

I left after that to go to the gym, once again I had to convince myself that this woman was not going to ruin my workout routine. I pulled up in the parking lot and walked inside scanning for her. She was there, of course. I walked my way over to the bag, and she followed me.  

Then we started to work, no words were exchanged or anything not even an extra glance. I stepped off the bag 40 minutes in this time, my rib had started to hurt again. Instead of stopping like I had expected her to do she just kept punching. Like I wasn’t even there.