CHAPTER 14

The month without Rocky seemed to drone on but I managed to keep myself busy. I had my younger brother over to help me basically rearrange the entire house and all of the furniture. I had to learn how to dress more like a mom and less like a party girl. I read a lot of books on transition into motherhood. I read a lot of books about babies. I read books about first time dads and flagged the pages I wanted Rocky to at least SKIM before the end of my pregnancy.

Who the fuck was I?

Even myself from four months ago would puke and laugh at me for how motherly I had become in a four week period. I wanted to be a cool parent. But a strict parent. One that let her kid do stuff. But not too much stuff. And teach him or her to learn from mine and Rocky's mistakes.

I had to work on it a bit.

I learned how to cook as opposed to eating McDonalds fries and claiming it as a vegetable. I learned how shop in the maternity section. I learned what it was like to have a stomach that looking like I had eaten 16 tacos for lunch when in reality I had eaten chicken, salad, and strawberries that made me nauseous so I had to quit those. I also learned to exercise lightly while I watched tv because my naturally small waist wasn't naturally small anymore.

I also slept a lot.

"Babe?" I heard call out into the entryway.

I opened my eyes from a nap I had had no idea how long I had been taking. "Hmmm?" I mumbled. "Rocky?" I said tiredly.

"It is I!" I heard him set his bag down in the hall and his footsteps come towards me. I could hear like a bat and smell like a bloodhound these days. Damn pregnancy.

I sat up slowly as to not upset my oh so flighty stomach contents and turned my head to see a beautiful, dark haired boy in black jeans, a black t-shirt, and a grey beanie. "Hey baby girl," He half smiled at me with an exhausted look on his face and opened his arms to me.

"Holy shit, I missed you." I laughed pathetically and got up to walk over to him.

"What the hell?" He furrowed his brows, "You've got like," He pointed at my stomach, "Did you start storing something in there?"

"It's barely there!" I defended and brought him into a hug.

"It is not barely there," He laughed, "It's way more than it had been when I left. A lot can change in a month babe."

I closed my eyes and look a deep breath with my face buried in his chest. "You were around people who smoked?" I looked up at him inquisitively.

"I was." He admitted, "I washed my clothes though, I figured I could at least do you that as to not smell like I had been on the road."

"Mmm," I smiled up at him and slowly brought my lips up to kiss his. It felt so nice to be in his arms again. I backed away and studied him for a moment while I judged the taste on my lips. The taste I was now so familiar with. "Rocky..." I looked up at him, "You smoked..."

"Babe- I did not, I was around it a bunch." He defended.

"I can taste it on your lips and you're going to tell me that it magically got there from the air?" I crossed my arms, "Rocky, I'm not stupid."

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Okay," He shrugged, "Maybe I did some, but not a lot."

"When?" I questioned, "Recently?"

"Last night." He mumbled.

"And when I called you about the baby's room?" I looked at him with almost a pout, "You were doing it then, too..."