Chapter 6

Elizabeth's POV

The next morning in school, Michael was already standing at my locker. I noticed something different. His hair. It was purple. I walk over to him, smiling.

"Hey." He smirked, running a hand through his hair.

"I like your hair, purple's my favorite." I smile, looking at his hair.

"Yeah, I know. Don't you remember yesterday when I asked you what your favorite color is?"

"Oh, yeah!" I giggle. Michael smiled as I opened my locker. He watched me and glanced at my locker wall.

"Who's that?" He asks, pointing to the picture of Melanie and I in the 7th grade. I look over and frown a bit.

"Melanie." Was all I said. He looked at me.

"Who's Melanie?"

"My friend back in Florida." I felt a lump in my throat. I hated talking about her.

"Do you guys still talk?"

I shook my head and I bit my lip to refrain myself from tearing up.

"Why?"

"She's dead." I felt tears in my eyes. Michael looked at me, regretfully.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Liza. I didn't know! I didn't mean it I'm-" He began apologizing and blushing in embarrassment.

"Michael, it's fine. You didn't know." I sighed. Michael looked at me again, looking pitiful. I wiped my eyes and sighed again. "I'm okay now."

"Good." Michael smiled a bit as the bell rang, signaling us to go to class.

"I'll see you at lunch." I smile. Michael nodded.

"See ya!" He walked to class, as did I.

**********

I was the last one to arrive at the lunch table. I sat down next to Michael. Everyone was in their usual seats. Michael and I sitting with each other on one side, Michael seated next to Luke as well. Calum across from me with Alanna next to him and Ashton across from Luke.

"Hey!" Alanna smiled at me.

"Hi!" I smile back, taking out my lunch. Alanna and I talk as the boys talk amongst themselves.

"Dude I just don't understand why I got a D-!" I heard Michael say to Cal.

"Maybe you didn't study hard enough." Calum shrugged.

"I studied all fucking night." Michael sounded frustrated now.

"Well, chesmistry hasn't always been your best subject."

"And trigonometry." Luke chipped in.

"And History." Ashton said.

"Also English." Cal said.

"Okay, okay I get it I suck at school!" Michael sighed angrily.

"Well, you're good in band class." Luke shrugged.

"Yeah, because I actually know how to play guitar, Luke." Michael growled. Luke held his hands up in defense.

Alanna and I look at each other and I tap Michael's shoulder softly.

"Uh, maybe I can help you...?" I say as Michael turned around. A blush spread across his face. I nodded.

"Yeah! If you want after school today."

"Sure, come to my house and you can help me...?" His face turned redder as the boys and Alanna laughed quietly. I nodded.

"Sure."

Michael wrote his address down on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Okay, I guess after chemistry, I'll see you then."

"Alright." I smile as we resume normal conversation.

a/n: updates will be kinda slow, just started school a couple days ago :/