Chapter 8

Elizabeth's POV

The next morning at school, I arrive to my locker to see Michael standing there, with a blush spread across his face.

"Hi, Michael!" I smile as I put in my locker combo. Michael looks at me and smiles a bit awkwardly.

"H-hi Liza. Uh...I um, I want to thank you for yesterday. So, I uh...my mum helped me...make you this." Michael handed me a small cake box. As I finish putting away my books, I take the box and open it up to reveal a chocolate cupcake with purple frosting. I smile and look up at him, to see Michael blushing and looking at his converse.

"Thank you Michael." I grin and put the box in my locker so I can eat it at lunch. Michael nodded and shoved his hands in his leather jacket pockets, trying to act cool about it, which just made me giggle. Michael looked up at me and chuckled.

"You have an adorable laugh." He winked.

"Thank you." I giggle some more as I heard the bell ring. Michael pouted, jokingly.

"Aww, I won't get to see you till lunch."

"I knoww." I laugh.

"I guess I will see you then." Michael smiled and pulled me into a big hug." I blush and close my eyes as we hug. Michael hesitantly let go and waved to me before walking away. I smile and walk to my 1st period class.

**********

After what felt like forever, it was time for lunch. I walk down to the lunchroom, to be stopped by Nicole, my other main bully. Also known as the girl who tripped me in front of everyone last month. And one of Michael's many exes. She was also kind of a slut. I haven't seen her in a while.

"Hey, bitch." She smirked as her friend giggled. I swallow and look at my feet.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." Nicole snapped as she shoved me, causing me to stumble back. I look up at her, my whole body shaking.

"What's in the box, bitch?" She asks.

"A-a cupcake." I mumble nervously.

"Aww! Who gave that to you? Your mummy? Is that what you filthy Americans do?" (a/n: im american so this isn't meant to offend anyone)

I shook my head.

"A-a friend." I stutter. Nicole and her friend laughed loudly and obnoxiously.

"What friend?! You're the biggest loser in the whole school!!" She laughed and shoved me against a wall. I bit my lip and close my eyes as Nicole spat harsh words at me. And just around that moment, I feel someone behind me.

"Leave her alone, Nicole." Michael said in a deep voice. I look behind me to see Michael. His eyes full of anger and his jaw and fists clenched. I have never saw him so mad.

"Oh, Michael babe, how are you?" Nicole acted all innocent. "I was just asking my friend, Elizabeth what was in her lovely box."

"Do you think I'm fucking stupid, Nicole? I saw what you and your friend were doing. And please, don't call me babe, ever. It was a one night stand." Michael stared at her.

"Oh, what Michael? You're sticking up for her now? The biggest freak in Australia?"

That comment really hit me.

"Her name is Liza." Michael began to get angrier. "And she's not a freak. And look who's talking, the biggest slut ever." He spat. Nicole looked at Michael and glared at him.

"Whatever. I regret sleeping with you anyways." Nicole and her friend walked away. Michael suddenly looked at he, his eyes immediately softened.

"Are you alright?" He asked, worried. I nod.

"Yeah, thank you." My voice cracked. He nodded and took my hand before leading us over to our table. There sat Calum, Alanna, Luke and Ashton.

"Hey, are you okay?" Alanna asked. I nodded and sat down. Michael sat next to me and I opened up my box and began to eat. I smile at look at him.

"This is really good!"

Michael blushed. "Thank you."

I proceed to eat and hear Calum and Alanna's plans for tonight.

"Do we have to see a chick flick?" Cal whined.

"It's not a chick flick! What's your movie idea?" Alanna defended.

"The Conjuring 2." He smirked and Alanna rolled her eyes.

"You know I don't like scary movies. But fine."

"Yayyy!" Calum cheered and looked over at Michael.

"Why don't you and Liza tag along? You're always telling me you want to go out with her!" He blurted out.

"Damn it, Calum." Alanna sighed. Michael's face turned red and he looked at me. I felt a blush creep on my face.

"Uh...would you? I mean...you don't have to...I mean..." He said, awkwardly.

"I would really like to." I smile and he grinned.

"Really?!" He smiled more. I nodded and smiled as the bell rung.

Calum grabbed Alanna's hand and the walked to their class. Ashton waved to us and walked away.

Luke looked at us and smiled as we walked to chemistry. We talked a bit and walked into the classroom, and the bell rang. The teacher stood up and class began.

"I'll text you the details later." Michael whispered to me and I nodded. I turn my attention to the front of the class and sigh.

I guess I have a date with my ex bully, Michael Clifford...?