wonder of earthly plunder

A one shot I posted quite some time ago, unpublished, posted on AO3, and am now starting a full-length fic with. Check out the full one, which will have Chapter Two posted later today.

•••

Dean never really thought he'd fall for Castiel.

Dumb Castiel who always wore the dumbest sweaters that matched his dumb blue eyes and his dumb brunet mess of hair and his dumb fucking talent.

But, here Dean was, smiling to himself as he watched Castiel give a presentation on something irrelevant in front of the class. Castiel is so elegant when he moves, despite his large stature and thickness, and Dean thanks God for ballet.

This isn't like a cliché, no, because Castiel knows that Dean exists. Dean doesn't think Castiel hates him, just simply has no reason to pay attention to him. Which, Dean guesses, makes sense. Castiel doesn't really pay attention to anybody. As far as Dean knows, the guy has no friends. The cliché thing is, Dean's determined to be Castiel's friend.

Or at least determined to get into Castiel's pants.

So, after two weeks of watching Castiel, Dean comes up with a carefully concocted plan that involves skipping class, seducing Castiel, burgers, and then, ultimately, car sex.

Dean thinks it sounds pretty good to him.

•••

"Hey, um, you're Castiel, right?" Dean asks. Castiel looks up from his book, mouth hanging open. He nods once then snaps his mouth shut, clearing his throat.

"Yes," Castiel says, and Dean swears he'll never get used to that voice of his. "What do you want, Dean?"

"You know my name?" Dean sputters, face breaking out in a grin. Castiel blushes and the corners of his mouth turn up slightly.

"Of course," Castiel answers. "Your brother talks about you often. He truly admires you."

"My brother?"

"Sam?" Castiel supplies. "I thought you knew. Sam and I are dating."

Dean stops. What the fuck? Sam is a scrawny freshman who isn't even gay, let alone gay for a fucking ballerina.

"Oh," Dean says, trying not to sound stunned. "Well, um, I was wondering if since it's your study hall period and the end of the day, you'd wanna ditch and go get burgers or something?"

Castiel's smile grows. "I'd love that, Dean," he says and packs up his books.

•••

Dean's been sporting a hard-on this entire ride.

Castiel had hummed along to the radio, which turned Dean on, and then he tapped Dean's thigh to get Dean's attention, which turned Dean on, and then, at the drive thru, Castiel ordered a double bacon cheeseburger with cheese curds and a large Pepsi, which, for some dumb fucking reason, turned Dean on.

So there they sat, parked at Dean's spot by the pond, in secluded nowhere, Castiel moaning around his burger and Dean trying to hide his boner.

"So," Dean says, wiping his hands with a napkin, "What do you and Sam...do?" At Castiel's confused look, Dean added, "Cause I mean, you're like, this super cool dancer, who is a senior, may I add, and Sam's a 15 year old loser. I mean, how did you even meet?"

Castiel swallows a giant bite of burger and takes a sip of soda before chuckling. "We met when he was babysitting my little sister. Since then, we just do normal stuff. You know, like, watch movies, play video games... other things I don't feel comfortable saying."