Faking It

Right behind them was Starlight Glimmer. Now, Sunset Shimmer was furious. She had gotten to them! Sunset Shimmer knew she was planning on stealing Twilight's and her cutie marks next. "Excuse me Ms. Cheerilee, Celestia and Luna are calling Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle over to their office." Sunset could obviously tell she was making up that excuse to steal their cutie marks. "Very well then, girls you are excused." They got up and Applejack and Rarity followed. Before they got to the office, Starlight had grabbed their hands and pulled them into a corner where Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy were standing. They surrounded them. "As you girls may have noticed, every student has gotten their cutie marks removed; all of them but you. So if you don't mind we will just.. make the choice for you. Pinkie, you will have the honors of doing it. We'll be waiting here." Fluttershy looked at them with an evil look on her face. Once they left, Pinkie was about to open it, Sunset and Twilight whispered-yelled, "Wait!" Pinkie looked up closing it again. "Please don't do it Pinkie. We need our cutie marks." Sunset told her. "You're lucky. I want my cutie mark, I'm tired of being so... mean." She looked a  bit more colorful. "Can you help me get my cutie mark back?" "Yes, we can! But you have to help us. Starlight is counting on you to steal our cutie marks so we need to make it seem like we did." "Say no more!" Pinkie's eyes were their regular light blue again and her hair was a bit puffier. She pulled out two dresses from her backpack. "Put these on, it will make it seem like your cutie marks were removed." Seconds later, they were out by Starlight and their "friends". "Well, job well done Pinkie Pie. You even gave them their new uniforms. Well girls, have a nice day! A cutie mark-less day!" They all went separate directions. Pinkie, Sunset, and Twilight all stayed behind. "So, what are we doing?" Pinkie asked. Twilight looked at Sunset Shimmer. They nodded to each other and Sunset explained how they were going to find a way to free the cutie marks but they couldn't do it alone. Pinkie was up to the challenge. She also told then that Starlight was planning a party for all of our cutie mark-less friends, now that everybody was cutie mark-less. "Great idea, we'll find a way to snatch it from her. Maybe one of us can pretend to bump into her and steal it. It's risky, but it might actually work." Pinkie thought hard,"Or..." Sunset and Twilight were waiting for an answer. "Or?" "Or we can expose Starlight!" "How exactly?" "She's up to no good right? And she's obviously not cutie mark-less. I mean, think about it; if all of us are suppose to be equal, why would she have to be cutie mark-less to? She seems like she's from Equestria or something, and according to pony Twilight, magic and cutie marks have some sort of connection. So if I'm right and she is from Equestria, then she's gonna need her cutie mark. And her colors are obviously not faded even though everyone without a cutie mark does have faded colors." "Pinkie's right!" "Of course I am!" She skipped along toward her other class. 

As Sunset Shimmer and Twilight walked toward their class with Mrs. Cheerilee, Sunset Shimmer bumped into Flash Sentry. "Hey Flash" she said, "what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in class?" He ran his hand through his hair and said, "Yeah. I told Mrs. Cheerilee if I can go to the bathroom, but I was actually looking for you." He blushed. So did she. "About what I said at camp about, you know, us starting over as friends. So was that a yes?" "I think so" Sunset said, "I think we can start over has friends. Let's just hope pony Twilight doesn't find out about this." They both laughed and grinned at the joke. Though they both knew pony Twilight probably wouldn't be coming anytime soon. Spike ran up to them and said, "Oh, hey Flash." "Hey" "Twilight's looking for you Sunset" Sunset Shimmer and Flash looked at each other. "Tell her I'll be right there" Sunset patted Spike head and stood up. "See you later Flash." They waved at each other. "Yes!" Flash shouted and jumped up. Soon, Muffins* appeared next to him and patted him on the shoulder and smiled. He smiled back.  

*Although she's called Derpy Hooves, in the ending credits for Legend of Everfree she's called Muffins