A Push Into a Basement

Not long after, Starlight's party began. Everyone was arriving and Starlight greeted them with her usual big smile and a "Welcome! Mi casa es su casa!" After greeting the cutie mark crusaders, Fluttershy walked up to her. "Not here yet I suppose?" "No, but they will get here. I know they will." Starlight left to attend someone and Fluttershy stayed by the door, supervising. About a minute later, the six girls all showed up. Fluttershy automatically got up and went to go find Starlight. "They're here" she whispered. Starlight grinned and thanked her.

Not much later, Sunset Shimmer was looking around. She needed to find that device. "Looking for this?" Starlight was in back of her holding up the cutie un-marker. Sunset Shimmer looked at her with her eyes squinting. "We know you're up to no good. We'll find a way to show everyone that. You won't get away with it." "Sorry to disappoint you but YOU'RE the one who won't get away with it." She ran and Sunset followed her. While running toward the back yard, Starlight stopped and tripped Sunset Shimmer, making her fall trough the open basement door outside. She grinned and said, "Told you!" and slammed the door. Sunset got up and heard, "She got you to?" Twilight walked up to her. All the other girls, except Fluttershy of course, were down there. "Fluttershy tricked us and said she knew what Starlight was up to. She made us follow her here and we she said look, we leaned over. Then she pushed us all in, pushing me and Rarity, causing Pinkie, Rainbow and Twilight to tumble down to." (you can probably guess who said that) "That girl's up to something bad alright." It wasn't completely dark in there. And Pinkie stuck her hands in here hair. "Pinkie Pie, what are you..." "Anyone want a cupcake or some cookies?" She held out the cupcake and cookies. Rainbow Dash looked at them. Surprisingly, the weren't full of Pinkie's pink hairs. "Sure?" She bit into one. "I have a felling we'd be stuck here for a while. Good thing my hair still has lots of space, considering I have nachos, cake, a soda, some chips, and a hot dog in there." Then she pulled out the nachos and put the cupcake and extra cookies back in her hair. "Wow Pinkie, I'm surprised you actually managed to fit all that in just your hair." "Well, I don't just have that." A loud thump interrupted the girls thoughts. Applejack had ran into the door. "What? My super strength isn't working! How it not be working?!" Twilight went up to the door and extended her arms. She grunted until she was finally turning red. "And my magic isn't working either!" Sunset Shimmer looked at her hands and reached for Applejack's arm. Her eyes turned white and she saw Applejack's memory...
"Hey girls" Fluttershy said. The 5 girls turned around. "What do you want Fluttershy?" Rainbow Dash told her crossing her arms. "Nothing, it's just that I wanted to say I'm sorry for everything I did, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. And to make it up to you all, I'm here to tell you I know what Starlight is going to do with the cutie un-marker. Follow me." Moments later, Fluttershy had brought them to the backyard. "She's in there." She pointed at the basement door under a window. "Go in, I'm right behind you." The girls looked at each other thinking Fluttershy was tricking them. But they didn't have a choice. What if she wasn't lying or tricking them? They had to take the chance, so they slowly unlocked the door and went in. Fluttershy pushed Applejack and Rarity who were in back of Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight. They all screamed and fell on top of each other. Fluttershy laughed at them and said, "To bad to sad for you! Wow, I can't believe you fell for that." She continued laughing until she finally closed the door again. It went black... 

The memory was over. "How come my powers still work by yours don't?" Right at that moment, the girls heard the door open. Starlight and Fluttershy were standing there. The girls looked at them with frowns and eyebrows wrinkled. "Hello girls, nice to see you." Starlight took out the cutie un-marker and pointed it toward Sunset Shimmer. She had already removed the magic from Twilight. Their cutie marks were removed. Rainbow Dash tried to stop her but it was to late; Sunset Shimmer's colors had faded and her cutie mark were gone. "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!" Before Starlight closed the door, Twilight cried out to her, "What are you gonna do with us?" "Now that I have the magic from all of you, I will is the energy to make everyone believe that cutie marks are really bad. I just needed to start with a few people. And those people were you. Thank you very much for your cooperation." "And how exactly  are you going to do that?" "That's something I'm not willing to tell you." Starlight left with a menacing laugh, leaving Fluttershy there. She stared at them, they stared back. Their eyes glowed then her eyes glowed. She slowly walked down the stairs and looked at them. She fell onto her knees and started crying. "I'm so sorry everyone! I didn't want to hurt anyone. Starlight really is clever. She convinced me to be mean and cruel and I didn't really want to. I didn't have a choice. Deep inside I knew that this wasn't the real me but I couldn't contain myself. All the mean and cruel things I said and did were involuntary." She continued crying and all the girls hugged her. "We know Fluttershy dear. But don't worry. We will get that cutie un-marker and get our cutie marks back". Rarity gave her a handkerchief and dried her tears. "Well, I have to get you girls out of here. Come on." "Fluttershy, we can't. Starlight will notice we're not in here or that you're sneaking us out of here" Twilight said, "Well, could you find out anything about her?" "Well, I did think I saw a cutie mark on her, but when I looked back, it was gone." The girls thought hard and Sunset exclaimed, "I don't think that was just you Fluttershy. I think she really is hiding that she has a cutie mark." "Well, that sorta does make sense. She isn't the most trust worthy person" Rainbow Dash said. "You said it!" Pinkie said while she munched on a taco she had hidden in her hair. Everyone just laughed and Pinkie just smiled and continued munching. "Well, maybe if I look back at the memory, I might be able to see something you didn't." Sunset reached for Fluttershy's arm as she said that, but nothing happened. "Um, Sunset, I think I know why your powers aren't working anymore." Rainbow reached out toward Sunset Shimmer's chest and pointed at her necklace which was now faded. "When Starlight took our magic, she was taking it from the necklaces! Not from our cutie marks! The cutie marks had nothing to do with it, it was the necklaces all along!" Sunset pointed out looking at all the girl's necklaces. "So, are we getting back that cutie un-marker back or what?" Pinkie Pie asked as she reached for her hair. Sunset Shimmer slowly put Pinkie's  hand down and sort of grinning and laughing at the same time, "I think you should lay down the snacks for just a bit Pinkie." Pinkie just shrugged and smiled.