●●●●●●

I don't own the fanart in any way.

"My new friend?"

"Yes! Your new friend! You see, I have been here for a long time, just floating around, with nothing to do but to contemplate the hollow, uneventful and morbid existence of humans for some years...and now you arrived! So tell me, what brings you here?" He questioned, like he was smiling. "No, no, no, actually, don't tell me, let me guess!"

I walked around him, looking at it.
He had to be a ghost, I could almost see through him. I tried to touch him, but my hand just passed through him.
"...What are you...?" I was still confused.

"What am I? I'm lots of things! A dictionary, a leader, a friend, your worst enemy, you choose! But right now, I'm a dead being, of course! And that's all you need to know! Say it, are you angry? Something tells me that you are..."

I felt sick.
"Hum...No, I'm not...I'm just lost. Do you know the way back to the town?"

He floated around me, completely ignoring my question.
"No, no, no, you are lying. There is definitely something..." he stared at me with his eye filled with attention, like he was trying to read my emotions. Suddenly he pulled back "Yes! That's it! Somebody has been getting to you lately, right?"

My eyes widened.
How did he...
"Well...yes, but how did you knew?"

He closed his eye, like he was proud.
"Few people come to Gravity Falls to understand themselves and run away from their fathers."

What?! What is this thing?!

"May I recomend a present?" In one of his hands, a blue flame appeared, before turning itself into a spiritual box. The box opened itself, revealing a dead bird with a knive craved in its chest.
"Isn't this what you do? Give worthless presents just because you must? You just need a little card now!" He exclaimed.

I stumbled back as soon as I saw it.

"How...what do you want from me?" I asked, now feeling a little scared.

"Oh! Very simple! You are a Pendreghast, you can see me! So-"

"I'm also a Babcock, you know-" I tried to persuade him to acknowledge that in an attempt to let me go.

"Yes, I know! Don't interrupt me please...So, like I was saying, you can see me, and I know that you are here for a purpose."

"And?" I want him to just tell me where to go and leave me alone.

He blinked and clasped his hands together.
"I propose... a deal."

A deal? He is a ghost, how can he propose anything with the living? I don't understand. Nothing of this makes sense.

"You see, there is a reason I have been here for so long" he floated to the statue, lookin at it for some seconds , before sitting on the stone hat "some years ago, this annoying, obnoxious family that I had some acquaintance with made a deal with me. They tricked me, they didn't kept their part of the deal, and it ended up destroying what they knew of me." He laughed "Obviously, I have been in this universe much more time than any human ever, so they can think that I won't come back, but there are always ways."

I tried to understand his point. But after seeing the dead bird, I had reasons to belive that the family had a good reason behind his story.

"But now, I am stuck with this statue. Wherever it goes, I go too! And I am geting reeaally tired of this spirit realm."

"So you want...revenge?" I started to understand.

He snapped his fingers.
"I like you, Ghost Boy! And yes, that's exacly what I want. And I know for a fact that you want to know why you can see what others can't, so I am willing to help you as long as you keep your part of the deal."