○○●●

I'm not dead.....this chapter was simply hell. I'm going through some crap right now because of school, and honestly I'm very tired. Not only that but I'm getting impatient with this story (don't worry, I'm not talking about quitting). Honestly, the problem with it is that GF is way too goofy and comical, and I can't see if my portraits of the scary (haha as if) dark scenes are done well because of it, since it might not fit the mood? But no worries, I'm working on it.
Hope you have a nice read and thank you for all the funny comments left on previous chapter during my absence that I only got to see today unfortunately.

Lying in my bed, I stared at the ceiling. It seemed to have become a normal thing for me to do for the past days.
But then again, maybe I would be given the pass since so much had happened.

I looked at the clock, and the 5:36 on display were the closest light source that was in sight, but surely I would see the morning sun rise in a couple of hours.

I should be sleeping, and I was tired enough to do so, but I wanted to think.

I didn't bother to put on my night wear when I came home. I simply took off my shoes rather loudly, and let myself lay on top of the covers, an arm covering my eyes.

I really should be sleeping.
But in the end, I was a wondering mess, and every time I remembered what had happened, my sleep was pushed aside.

It was my choice.
It was me who decided to break the rules.

So when the clock hit the two and a half mark earlier, I was in my room, and stripping off my pyjamas for other clothes.
They were the darkest clothes I had brought with me, and not only were they warm, but they were also exactly what I would need.

My mother was asleep, obviously, or else how would she allow it?

It didn't matter at the moment. I snuck out of my room, leaving my phone behind. The battery was nearly dead anyway, so it wouldn't be of much help.

Everything was covered in shadows and I didn't dare to turn on any light.
Patiently, I waited in the dark, heart beating fast with doubts.

At least until the hour changed.

It was quiet around me, but the humming in my ears was annoying me. What is that, anyway? The small sounds we can't process? Other frequencies? A reminder we are alive and working like any other machine?

When the time came, I snuck out of the house intirely.
The air was cold, and the street lamps were making a poor job in illuminating the street. Frost seemed to be nibbling at the light, and not even the usual night bugs were awake at this hour.
But we were doing this.

A figured walked up to me. He was dressed just like I was: warmly and in depressing colors, except for the backpack he brought.

He didn't speak, greeted me with a small smile, and didn't waste any time.
"This is the second stupidest thing I've done." I told him, beginning to walk by his side, my voice somewhat hushed even though we were outside

"What was the first?"

"Don't ask." I snickered, my pace fastening as I did.

And it was true. Had this not been a whole set up to prove to him that I wasn't a scared little kid, I would have stayed inside, laying down in my bed and soft covers, hoping sleep would wash over me in a wave of precision and let me rest peacefully without nightmares.

But that is too easy, isn't it?
And the more compelling his presence got to me, the more I was driven to do things I wouldn't dream of.
It was terrifying and inconvenient.

But it did make one hell of an adventure.

"So how far are we?" I wondered, my words carried through the air by a cloud of smoke in front of my face.