●●●●●●●●●

I don't own the fanart in any way.

You may say that fishing is boring, but it proved out to be much more fun than it looked like. Especially when you are trying to catch mutant fishes.

The water was freezing, but Dipper said that he didn't want to lose the opportunity, since they were rare and they only appeared this close to the shore when the time was cold enough.

We spent a lot of time going after them, they always managed to get away.

"Are you sure the nets are set correctly?" I ended up asking at some point, after we spent half an hour chasing them.

"Yes! We just gotta herd them to the nets!"

"But it is not working!"

"Try harder, then!"

It took a lot of time, but finally Dipper managed to get one.

"Oh my god! I did it! I caught one! This is awesome!"

"Hey! I helped!" I threw some water at him, and he backed away in terror from the cold.

"...yeah, I guess. You helped me set up the net."

I stuck my tongue put at him, making him laugh, before smiling myself. I approached him as he held the net, the fish bouncing and bitting at the ropes.

I placed my hands on my knees, lowering my head to the same level as the fish.

"Do they bite?" I asked, as I saw it jiggle to free itself from the net.

The fish looked like something pre-historical, with huge white eyes and even bigger teeth, it's body filled with sharp, thin spikes and slightly blue scales.

"Yes, you might want to be carefull with those."

He lowered the net again, to give the fish some water to breath in.

"What are you gonna do with it now?"
I asked, noticing that the fish calmed down a little as it was set underwater.

"I'm gonna take it home, place him in a tank. There is no way I'm missing the chance to study this."

I streched myself, yawning a little.
Dipper just kep looking at the fish with a concentrated look and a small victory smile.

"Do you study every weird creature of Gravity Falls?"

He looked up at me.
"Huh?"

"Do you want to be a scientist or something like that for the future? An investigator?"

He looked up, thinking for a little bit.

"Something like that. I have always been interested in mysteries and resolving them, so why not study the mysterious creatures of Gravity Falls? This place is almost cut out from the rest of the world, who knows what I can find. I could even win a prize, or get a reward from the government for best investigator, who knows! But until then, I just have to keep looking for the right creature, or something that can change my whole life around. I tried studying the mysteries of Gravity Falls, made a silly little guide with video tapes..."

He looked hopeful and really sure of what he was saying, making me feel slightly disappointed with myself for not having my life sorted like he did.

But when I heard him talk about the tapes, my face lit up a bit.
"A guide? Can I see them?"

Dipper looked at me, wondering if I was serious, before laughing nervously.
"I-I mean, you don't have to, they are a little bit embarrassing, especially considering that they were made some years ago, I was like 12 or something..."