●●●●●●●●

I don't own the fanart in any way.

I was leaving the apartment with my skate when my mom reminded me that I might need a scarf, since it was still cold outside.

I went back to my room, finding it somewhere in my bed, since it was where I tossed it yesterday when I got home.

I had been talking to Dipper for a while before coming back home.

When I did, my mom smiled at me, saying that it seemed that I would make new friends quickly here.

I just blushed slightly, responding with a "yeah, sure", before going to my room and tossing my scarf onto the bed.

But today was a new day, I had more things to do than to just sit here and look for my scarf.

As I left the building, I had to peek outside first to check if the ghost lady wasn't here today. I didn't need a crazy person behind me all the time to melt my head with undead problems.

I passed through the street, always on the lookout for any ghosts, but it seemed like they weren't out in the street at 10 in the morning.

I walked to the gravel road on the side that I knew that would lead me where I wanted.

Walking can be boring sometimes, and now that I had memorized the path to the Mystery Shack, I could just slide in its direction with my skate instead of making my legs carry the burden of passing through a road filled with rocks that were small enough for the skate to ignore but not small enough for my feet to ignore.

And that's what I did. Giving a push with my feet, I hopped on the skateboard. I still don't really know why I find skating so enjoyable.

I looked at the woods as I slided along the path.

Could Bill still be out there? Should I mention my encounter with him to the twins? And could I even trust any of them?

There were a million of questions storming through my mind, and some of them would only be answered according to my choices in the matter.

The walk wasn't very long, but that was hardly noticeable due to all of the ghosts that I was passing by.

So many lost souls, wandering across the road. Some of them looked really bad, others not so much. I tried not to look at the man that was sitting by a tree crying, nor at the lady that seemed to have a broken leg, dragging it in the air as she floated.
What bothered me the most was a little girl, that had really pale skin, and vomit dripping from her chin, and was holding hands with an older woman that seemed to have a stab wound on her stomach.

They were clearly victims of crimes and disasters near and on the road.

This is why I hate my 'gift' so much. I can see the suffering of others and not be able to do anything. I can't even fix my own problems, much less theirs.

I lowered my head, reajusting the scarf to cover a little bit of my face, as the sadness and guilt that come with these lost ghosts invaded me.
These were nothing like the ones in my town. Those knew me at leats ever since I was 10, so they don't push me too far, and I have experienced what happens when I mess with a lost soul.

I finally started to breath more easily and with light conscience again when I started to take in the shape of the shack that I had been in previously.

As I got closer, I realized that there was a wave of tourists leaving the shack, and an older man smiling at them.

They all left some tips to the old man, before leaving the area.

I noticed that most of them had those silly objects from the gift shop, which made me wonder how carefree and manipulated those people are.

I passed through the crowd, getting an insult from a man that accidentally bumped shoulders with me. My only objective was to get in the gift shop, and see if the scientist that both Mabel and Dipper talked about was here.