○●●●●●●

I don't own the fanart in any way.

Mabel rushed after her twin down the stairs, until he took a turn and went to the living room.

Mabel reached the doorstep, where she stopped.
"Dipper, I'm sorry! You know I didn't mean to say those things! I was just annoyed because of the board!"

Dipper stopped when his sister started talking, turning to adress her with an angry look.

"It was just the heat of the moment!" She continued. "...I know that talking about Pacifica is unnecessary and wrong."

This didn't seem to soothe him.
Instead, he went right into defensive.
"So what if I can fall in love quickly? And what about you? You go from boy to boy in a matter of days sometimes-"

"Hey! That's different! Those are just crushes! They are normal, they come and go!" Mabel dedended herself.

"Yes, but do you think that's right? To just move from one person to the other without any remorse? Like they never even mattered?"

"That's not it either." Mabel crossed her arms.

"A-And what if I fell for Wendy and Pacifica?" Dipper argued, trying his best to be intimidating, but his voice failing him.

Mabel didn't seem to notice, or if she did, she did no efforts to show it.
"N-nothing! I have nothing against them! They are great in their own way, I'm glad you can appreciate that in them!" Mabel replied, unsure of how to respond.

Dipper still held the same mean look, but as he noticied the uneasiness that his sister was demonstrating, he realized that she was truly sorry.

He sighed, and walked over to the armchair, where he decided to drop himself.

"They were just...too different from the others, you know? They weren't... afraid of being themselves, even if it meant being better or worse than the others. Wendy always liked to break the rules, and Pacifica knew a different world from the one normal people do...I just can't quite explain it. But in a way...they made me feel secure about myself..."

There was a small silence after that, both of them pondering about what to say next.
"...Maybe that's your type." Mabel said in a quiet voice.

"Huh?" Dipper exclaimed.

"You know...your type of people. The 'not so normal' type."

Dipper looked at his sister with a slightly confused stare. Maybe she was right.
But then again, how could she know anything about it? She really did know more things about love than he did, but she wasn't him, and girls have different mentalities than boys.

She wasn't the one who spent all those days with the pretty blonde girl that Dipper knew. How they had just laid down somewhere, pressed against eachother, talking about sweet things, and just living the overall satisfaction of being in the presence of one another.
They were the happy and fuzzy days where it seemed that nothing would go to waste as long as they were together.

Dipper knew that it must have meant something. That aching in his chest when she was not around, that natural drug induced craving for a certain person that gave your brain the annoying delight of thinking about them even when it didn't matter in the slightest.

But now it was gone. The warmth.
And his stupid brain had turned against him, telling his body that something was deeply missing.

Thought the feelings for the girl were gone now, he missed those moments way too much, and even after all that time, he still needed more. He was still hurting and wishing for that mentality to go away for good, but time went by slow, and though three months had passed, it felt like years for him.