| ONE: All the Strange Things

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

I'm aware that not everyone reading this has already read Blue (marauders' era) and Briar (also the golden trio era, but she's in Fred and George's year) (which, I mean, fair enough, do what you want chaps), so I'm quickly going to explain a couple of things that happened in Briar act one which are going to be included in this.

Livvy's birth parents (two women, Harleen Isley and Roman Gordon, whom used a magical version of IVF) were best friends with Laurel Crouch (from Blue) until they left school a year early to become Death Eaters. They died (after pissing off Fenrir Greyback, and him killing them because they didn't let him get to baby Livvy) so Laurel adopted Livvy. Laurel's got a daughter of her own (Briar - the main character in Briar lmao) and she married Remus Lupin (lol the love interest in Blue).

At the end of Briar's act one (which was Prisoner of Azkaban) Harry was told he could stay at theirs. This starts in the summer from POA and GOF. So, Harry's staying with the Crouch-Lupin clan. Don't be surprised if he appears out of nowhere lol he's staying at their house it's cool.

so, without further ado, I present chapter one:

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

ONE ALL THE STRANGE THINGS

     LIVVY MIGHT BE HAVING a crisis. It might be because he doesn't know who he fancies, but he knows that it's between two people. It might also be because someone misplaced his green Starburst. One or the other...

     His bedroom's the one down the hall, opposite the airing cupboard and adjacent to the window looking into the neighbours' bathroom. Sometimes, if you pass at the wrong time of day, there's a naked muggle dancing in man-made rain. Sometimes, if you've got the window open, you can overhear some muggle tune. Sometimes, that muggle tune's sung by a woman called Madonna. And, sometimes, if his sister is talking to him, and both overhear, she's prone to exclaiming, "What fucking rubbish!"

     (And, because of that, the neighbour is prone to swearing, after realising that the foggy window isn't foggy enough to stop the neighbours from seeing them dance in the shower.)

     The spare bedroom is a little further down the hallway, on the other side of the bathroom, and a couple of metres away from his parents' bedroom. His sister's bedroom is at the top of the stairs. Because of his old habit of sneaking into her bedroom for impromptu sleepovers, he knew that it took fifteen steps to get to her bedroom. Five seconds. Four if you were being daring. The floorboard next to the clock creaked; always hop over.

     They moved into the house a couple years after the last war ended. Livvy, being just a toddler, wasn't sure what was going on, wasn't exactly told what the fuck was going on. Then again, so much went on during those years that he often was confused as fuck. (Well, not fuck, because his little brain didn't know what that word was, but whatever toddlers thought that equalled that. Heck. Hell. He doesn't know.)

     His bedroom's pretty small. Livvy thinks it's in-between the size of his best friend Pansy's, and his best friend Blaise's. He thinks that it's about half the size of his best friend Draco's room, but he doesn't know for definite. He wasn't going to whip out a tape measure the next time he's over at his, just to make sure. Livvy's weird, he knows that, but he's not that weird.

     Livvy's got a small selection of posters. Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong are set in black and white photographs, blown up to be sold at one pound fifty at any muggle shop that sold posters. He's got another that's just a map of the world, but that's it. He's not that big a fan of cluttered walls. His sister is — her walls are covered in pen and she's got faux sunflowers hanging from her ceiling — but he's not. He's happy with his walls being dirty white and Sinatra and Armstrong standing side-by-side.