| TWO: Into the Woods

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

TWO INTO THE WOODS

     THE QUIDDITCH MATCH ended all nice and smoothly. When it reached its end, the masses of wizards inside the place clambered out, returning to their allocated tents or their home or wherever they had left to attend the game. Livvy hadn't managed to speak to Draco, which was a shame, but Livvy wasn't surprised. His best friend likes to put on an arrogant front around anyone that was out of their friendship circle. Even with Crabbe and Goyle, he did that. Livvy thinks it's weird. But, Livvy wasn't going to judge him for that. He couldn't see straight into Draco's thoughts. He wasn't going to act as if he could, just because they were good friends.

     Earlier that day, before the match had begun, Briar, Fred, and George had walked off, and Briar had returned with a German shepherd in her arms. Sergeant, he was named, and he reaches Livvy's knees. They've decided that Sergeant's around two or three, but his big sister had found the stray trapped from thorns, and had decided to take him in. Livvy's over the moon from it. He still is. He don't think he ever will get over the fact that they found a dog.

     Everyone had returned to their tents, happy about the results but tired. As Livvy was getting into his pyjamas — technically just joggers and a hoodie, but it was his same night uniform when he was at school — Fred and George continued to discuss the bet they had made on the game. Briar must've helped them out, even if it was discrete (apparently Seers weren't allowed to take part in bets?) because one of them (he thinks only one?) continued to mention her name whilst they celebrated the extra money.

     Livvy thinks they're weird. He thinks everyone's weird. He also thinks that one of them (he can't tell the difference) has a massive crush on his sister. But, anyway.

     He had fallen asleep quickly. His mind managed to drift off when the guys in one of the two tents began to drift off. When he fell asleep, it was in the couple minutes after the twins stopped talking, when his sister's name was mentioned for the umpteenth time and someone (maybe Ron?) threw a pillow at whichever one had said it. (He likes Ron for that. He likes Ron regardless, but he likes Ron even more. Livvy finds it hard to sleep when he hears someone talk about his family, because Livvy feels inclined to check that they're saying anything insulting.)

     (A habit that caused restless nights when everyone realised that his adopted dad is a werewolf.)

     He had been dreaming about nice things. Harrison Ford. Fashion weeks. Being a little older and buying a penthouse in Paris. The Breakfast Club. Frank Sinatra. In a parallel universe, lacking magic abilities and working in a theatre making the costumes, and being asked to design the clothes for this brand new fashion house, which is owned by someone that looks like that new actor, Leonardo DiCaprio... Had been dreaming, though. He was no longer dreaming. Some prick had taken him away from his brain's lovely little rom-com.

     The out-of-tune singing and cheering was gone when he was woken up. Someone with ginger hair was in close proximity to his face, and his hand swats them away. Swearing ensues. Livvy scrambles out of bed. "The hell, bro?"

     A metre or so away, Arthur Weasley's saying to another pissed-off teenager, "No time, Harry — just grab a jacket and get outside — quickly!"

     He's dragged outside by Fred and George. Livvy knows that they're mostly doing it because they feel inclined to, since he's their best mate's little brother. He also knows that Briar's probably doing the same, and that the three of them didn't have to think before doing it. That surprises him. His own actions require a lot of thinking beforehand.