| TWENTY-THREE: Malfoy/Livius

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

TWENTY-THREE MALFOY/LIVIUS

     "YOU KNOW WHAT sounds great at the minute?" begins Livvy, leaning against a brick wall. The snow's already falling. He sighs longingly. "A nice, long holiday somewhere nice and hot... And I wouldn't have to do anything, and I'd be able to replace this cold with some sunshine, I won't have a care in the world—"

     Draco rolls his eyes. The two are standing out in the alley next to The Three Broomsticks. "All right, you know what?" he says. Livvy looks at him. "Once we have a break, I personally take you on holiday if you shut up—"

     "What would you prefer? I was thinking perhaps the Canary Islands, or Crete? Both have really nice beaches, and it'll be all nice and sunny... Or maybe just anywhere in Spain or Greece, or maybe Portugal, that would be pretty fun—"

     "Liv—"

     "Oh! I know! Italy. How good would that be? You know, you have my staple foods — pizza, pasta, and ice cream — and there's so many places... We could visit Venice, and Rome, and Florence... And the drinking age is really low, so there's always that option... And there's some really cool museums as well as beaches, so one day we could go to the Guggenheim and the next, we could be on a cool beach—"

     "Would you just—"

     "I think you'd like Italy, actually. There we go. That's settled. So, shall we go from north to south, and we'll stop off around the coast along the way, because I know that will probably last a lot longer than just a normal one-week holiday, but really, I think we deserve a nice long holiday—"

     "Shut the fuck up."

     "Oh, okay, hello," Livvy blinks a couple of time. Draco looks tired. In any other circumstance, Livvy would hug him. "All right. I'll just show you the travel plan once it's decided. Merlin. Calm down—"

     "Maybe if you didn't talk about going on holiday—" Draco cuts himself off. Livvy gives him a nasty look. "We just need to wait around until Madame Rosmerta shows up, and then it's done. Then it's onto better things."

     "Like Italy."

     "Like Italy."

     The two stand around for a little longer. The night before, both of them had agreed that the easiest option was to wait around in the alleyway where the bins for The Three Broomsticks sat, and then curse her once she gets out. She's bound to get outside at some point.

     A while passes, and no Rosmerta. Both begin to look and feel a little defeated. Which they were, quite truthfully. Livvy sighs. "Maybe we should—"

     The door opens. Livvy and Draco look thankful. But, since the door opens in the direction that blinds them from seeing who's stepping out, it takes a minute for them to realise it's definitely not who they wanted, when they hear a voice very different to Madame Rosmerta's say that they were going to put the rubbish outside.

     They are screwed, basically. The person will question them as to why they're lurking around in the alleyway, and then they will get into trouble at school because no doubt they'd let school know if two students were lurking around (especially two Slytherins, come on, Livvy knows this place.)

     Before Livvy can just fucking run away, he's shoved against the wall. It takes him a minute for him to realise what's going on. Because, really, considering the current circumstances, it's a little confusing. But, no. Instead of running away like usual, Draco's chosen the other option. And, for that reason, Livvy's been full-on pushed against the wall, and Draco's kissing him.