| FOUR: What a Wonderful(ly Shitty) World

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

[lovely cover above by lyrabarnes]

  ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖  

FOUR WHAT A WONDERFUL(LY SHITTY) WORLD

     "SHE THINKS I CAN influence them," Briar's saying as Livvy walks into the kitchen, on one of the final days of the summer. He's wearing his E.T. t-shirt. He has a fair collection of muggle t-shirts, but he only wears them as pyjamas. He'll ruin his reputation as being fashionable, if he dares wear one of them as actual attire. "Well, I can, but, like, I don't particularly give a shit if they blitz the rules."

     Laurel mutters, "Oh, I wonder where you got that from."

     Livvy sits down at the table as Remus replies, "You're a comedian." Sergeant's sitting in between the chairs Livvy and Briar are sitting on. The kettle's boiling on the kitchen counter, the whistling interrupting whatever David Bowie song Briar's managed to find on a radio station. "It wasn't just me! I'd say it was mostly James and Sirius, thank you very much—"

     "It was all of you, goddamn," says Laurel.

     The kettle's noise begins to die down. Livvy gets up, crossing the room to make the cups of tea for the two that weren't present for the first round of beverages. Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) becomes easier to hear.

     "You can't talk, though—"

     "I never said I could, love," Laurel replies. Livvy and Briar lock eyes. He pulls face, sticking his tongue out and pretending like he was about to vomit. Briar sniggers. Livvy feels slight pride. Laurel doesn't seem to notice, but she mentions, "The kettle's boiled, by the way..."

     Livvy says, "I know, Mum." He puts one of the cups of tea in front of his dad, who thanks him. Livvy sits back down, next to his sister, one hand wrapped around his own cup of tea. Laurel and Remus begin to discuss something. He overhears the words campsite and Death Eaters and he thinks about what Briar mentioned on that night (morning.) The whole thing with Aster. He looks over at his sister. She's frowning. Probably predicting something ridiculous, like a future TV show or something. She does that a lot. She tells stories about them, they're the only predictions she happily shares. Briar often gives him dates, smiling at him and saying, an album/a film/show/musical/book comes out this day, you'll like it.

     (He's got a list upstairs, tucked behind a couple of Elvis Presley biographies. It's in no chronological order, just names and dates. The most recent additions to the list is The Get Down – 12th August 2016. The sticky-note the name was originally written on had awful drawings of records, done by Briar. He thinks he might've used that as a bookmark in some book of his.)