Chapter 2

Edited 11-23-17

Naruto was walking home with a ridiculous smile on his face. He returned all the hellos with a small nod of his head. But he didn't pay any attention to who it was. The only thing he thought about was Hinata. Hinata. He still couldn't believe how stupid he was. How had he never noticed her before. Back then she was just a weird, shy girl who fainted around him. Then there was the one fact staring him in the face that he couldn't believe he didn't remember. During the attack on the Leaf when Nagato and the Peins attacked the village. Hinata's sacrifice and most of all what she said. All that time ago she had said that she loved him. Then during the war she stood with him to help get him back on his feet. She put aside her feelings of loss to make sure that he was back up on his feet and ready to fight for the cause and to do what needed to be done. Without her, he would most likely be dead.

He. Was. An. Idiot.

As he reached the door to his house a thought crossed his mind. Hinata had to be either the toughest or stupidest girl out there to stay in love with him for all those years. He decided rather quickly that she was definitely the toughest. Because there was no way Hinata was stupid.

Kurama had been listening to the kids internal dialogue for a while. He was deciding on whether or not he should jump in. Now as cold hearted as Kurama used to be when Naruto was younger, even he had noticed the strange reaction the Hyuga girl had had around him. He had watched with amusement and scorn at the antics. Though as the boy became older he began to see just how oblivious his host was. And then there was the attack.

That girl. That girl had triggered the ultimate nine tails reaction within Naruto. Naruto had been so filled with rage when Pein had hurt the girl. Kurama didn't even have to tempt the boy to use the power. He had opened the gates to there fullest capacity. He had almost gotten out when Minato had came to Naruto's rescue. After it was all said and done Kurama had watched, more out of curiosity then because he cared. He watched as the boy was once again completely oblivious. He knew that the rage and the subsequent transformation had messed with the kids memory, but to completely forget about it was harsh. He did close to nothing to address the statement and feelings the girl made clear to him.

Then came the war. During this time he and Naruto were on much better terms due to Kushina and the training they had done with Bee and Gyuki. When the plan to spread around portions of Kurama's chakra was made the boy started the transfer with Hinata. Hinata. That girl was pivotal in so many points of Naruto's life and the idiot had remained completely oblivious till this last mission. Kurama decided that the boy was beating himself up enough and didn't need Kurama's help in the matter. So Kurama just continued to listen and stayed quiet inside his host.

Naruto was now at his house and still going over how stupid he had been. He was getting ready for bed after scarfing down a cup of instant ramen when he had another thought. What would they do now? Would he take her on dates? If he did, where? What did they do now? Does he get to say she's his in public? Because shouting it at Torenai is a little different then actually telling people. He definitely felt that Hinata was his. But would she be okay with that?

He was lying down when one last thought crossed his mind. They would have to tell Hiashi! Naruto sucked in a deep breath. Hiashi was going to kill him! How would they tell him? When? Would they tell him? For the sake of his skin Naruto hoped they wouldn't. But Hinata would probably want to. He kept running over scenarios in his head. Naruto asks if it okay, Hiashi says yes and he and Hinata are happy together. He asks, Hiashi says no and chases Naruto away. Hiashi bans Hinata from seeing him. They ask, he says no, they sneak around. Even Kurama was getting annoyed at how much worry was churning in the boys mind that he snapped.

"That's enough kit. Just calm down and go to sleep."

Naruto stalled at Kurama's voice resonating through his head. He was worrying way more than was healthy. And he was really really tired now. So he slosed his eyes and Naruto finally fell asleep. He dreamed of Hinata and him being happy together forever. He dreamed of taking her on a date but failing badly. And finally he just slept with one name on his mind.