Chapter 13

Hi! You hate me right now don't you? Sorry! I literally put it in the tags that I would have suspense! At least it was only a few days wait instead of a whole week. I still need help finding all the errors I need to fix for when I edit all the chapters. The story will have thirty or more chapters but I am am going to edit all the chapters prior to chapter fifteen after I publish it. Thanks for you cooperation and I'll let you read now.

Naruto had Hinata pulled into his arms before the arrow even stopped shaking. He was whirled around towards the direction the arrow had come from. He was about to throw up a chakra shield when Hinata said, "Don't. They aren't ninjas so hide the fact that we are till we have an opportunity."

He quelled his raging temper but he still pulled chakra up from his reservoirs and readied to attack. Hinata pulled a pair of sunglasses out of a pocket and put them on. He made a small sound of curiosity and she quietly responded. "Shino's idea. It hides my eyes so they don't know I'm a Hyuga."

Naruto blinked. That was a really good idea. His attention snapped back in place when he heard the sound of people moving through the forest. The first to approach were six archers. They had arrows nocked and drawn back. They spread out until they had a small semicircle formed around the wagons. Finally more men came out of the woods. The men spread out and completely surrounded the six wagons.

Naruto tried to get a count but Hinata just whispered, "There are six archers and twenty three others. Armed with either swords or clubs. The one in front of the wagon has a higher chakra amount than the rest. He might have had a small amount of ninja training." Naruto nodded. Her quick assessment had saved him a lot of guesswork.