Chapter 11

Hello! It me! The author. You know the person who thinks she can write a good story? Well any way, I'm here to tell you that I will be editing all the chapters once I reach chapter fifteen. I'll be fixing spelling and grammar mistakes, the works. But I need some help. I'm asking you guys to call out any errors in the chapters. If there a spot that just doesn't make sense or you want clarified let me know. I'll also be removing all the places where I rambled on in author talk. Basically just cleaning it up. Thanks for reading all the way through this if you did and you may now read.

She'll admit it. She was bored. They had been traveling for four hours now. The pace was so slow. Hinata decided that she had never been on a more boring mission. She had been stationed in the front of the caravan to scan with her byakugan. Naruto had been stationed in back to watch behind. They caravan was small, only about 6 wagons, so it moved quicker than some caravans.

She munched on a granola bar as she did a scan. Nothing. There had only been small animals and few deer. She missed talking with Naruto. They had learned a lot about each other on the way to the village. But now on their way back to the Hidden Leaf.... She couldn't even see him.

Hinata shivered as a wind blew over top of her. She had picked a different set of mission clothes than the ones she had worn to rescue Hanabi. She had worn a black long sleeve shirt under her purple top and had put on a pair of full length back pants. She was warm but that wind had cut through her. Hopefully it wouldn't storm.

Someone in the caravan called for a break and she gladly relaxed on the wagon seat she was sitting on. What she didn't expect was to have Naruto sit down next to her. She looked over and gave him a questioning look. He sighed and said, "I'm bored! There is nothing going on! All I do is sit and stare at the road behind us. Hinata giggled. "Don't worry. I'm bored too. And you are right. There is nothing happening."

"That's good." Naruto sighed again. "Is it bad that I miss running through snow and cold?" She giggled again. She shook her head and leaned back. "I'd prefer to be running in the trees to sitting on this wagon." Naruto chuckled. The call came for them to start moving again.

Naruto stood up and without thinking leaned over and kissed Hinata's cheek. He pulled back and stiffened. He realized what he had done. The blush that blossomed across his face was nothing compared to the fire storm that raged across Hinata's face. Naruto cleared his throat. "Umm... Uh...Yeah... I'm going now." And he left.

Hinata turned and faced the front. She activated her byakugan and scanned the area. No one. There was no one around who had seen that. She tried to cool down the blush that raged across her face. Why did small flirty, perfectly normal couple things make her blush so badly! She hadn't blushed or fainted when they were kissing in the forest. Well she had fainted but again, that was from a single question.

She muttered under her breath and scanned the road ahead. This was going to be a long trip.

Naruto had leapt to his spot at the back of the caravan almost straight from the front. Why had he done that! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! He hadn't even thought about it! He didn't know where the urge to kiss her had come from! He had just stood up to leave and then boom! He leaned over and kissed her cheek!

He didn't know why he was so embarrassed! He had kissed her a lot of other times, so why was this little kiss so embarrassing? He shook his head. They had a job to do. He sat down and quickly scanned the road and forest behind them. Nothing. Just like there had been all afternoon.

Someone snickered in the wagon behind him. He turned to find an older man sitting on the drivers bench of the wagon. "What?" The old man shook his head. "I saw you go talk to that pretty girl up front. She has you wrapped around her finger." Naruto tried to stutter out a protest but just fell silent. "You love her don't ya?" Naruto jaw dropped. "N-n-n...yes."

Naruto felt a sudden burst of confidence and stared straight at the man and said, "Yes. I love Hinata." Naruto looked the old man in the eyes and saw a mischievous glint in them. "You old coot! What's it to ya if I love her or not?!"

The old man seemed to ponder Naruto's words. "Guess I care because you don't see the kind of love you two have often." "And what kind of love would that be old man?" Naruto was genuinely wondering what the old man saw. "Real love." The old man smiled and turned around.

Naruto turned and stared out the back of the wagon again. Real love? What did that even mean? Were there different kinds of love? He already knew that the love he felt for Hinata was different from his love of ramen but, are there different types of love? Thinking about this made his head hurt.

He stared at the tress for while until the old man spoke up again. "So how long you two been together?" He was about to just ignore the old man when he thought about it. The moon mission seemed so far away now. But in reality, they had gotten back from the moon mission five days ago.

"Five days officially." He mumbled. The old man whipped his head around so fast he likely broke his broke. "Five days!" "Yes." The old man started to laugh uncontrollably. What was his deal?

Five days! The kid had to be joking! The old man was shaking with laughter. He looked at the boy and saw that he was quite serious. How could the two have only been together for five days? He had been in the town when the two had entered from the forest. He knew that the whole fight was an act.

He also knew that the way the two moved around each other that they were deeply connected. He saw when the boy looked ready to murder when someone in the crowd had broached the subject of the girls eyes. He saw the pure delight in the girls eyes when she saw the boy come flying to land the final blow on whatever creature they had summoned.

He saw how the boy had gone flying towards the front as soon as the wagon stopped. He couldn't see any of what transpired in the lead wagon but with the color that was on the boys cheek he could guess. The old man chuckled.

There was no way the two had only been together for five days. But then the boys words ran through his head again. 'Five days officially,' had been the boys words. That meant that the two had known each other before they had started dating. That meant a story.

The old man turned to Naruto. He grinned and said, "It sounds like there is a story. Why don't you share? It'll help pass the time." Naruto was hesitant. But what else did he have to do. Naruto sighed. "Where should I start?" The old man smiled. "How about the first time you two met?" Naruto's eyebrows raised. "We were four."

The old mans interest grew. They had known each other that long? The old man motioned for Naruto to continue and the looked back to the road in front of them. Naruto sighed and launched into the epic tail of the wannabe Hokage and the heir of the Hyuga.