Chapter 5: the gift

I was sitting on the window sill looking at the sunset when there was a gentle tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw Natsu holding something behind him.

"Happy you can give her your present first." Natsu turned slightly to the cat so that I still couldn't see his gift.

"Okay but Lucy you have to close your eyes!" Happy said with a huge mischievous smile. I was nervous but still closed my eyes. I then felt something in my hands. When I opened my eyes to see what it was there was a small bird sitting. It's feathers looked like they could burn you and it's eyes were a crimson color.

"What is this beautiful bird called Happy?" I asked not removing my eyes from the bird I had never seen before.

"It's known to most as a fire Phoenix, they are only tamable by princesses." Happy said with a victorious smile on his face.

Natsu and I laughed. The Phoenix was flying around with Happy giving us a magnificent sight to behold. After a while the bird and the cat both landed and it was time for my gift from Natsu. I looked at him full of anticipation as I told you his gift were always the best.

"Alright you have to promise not to freak out about it okay, I don't want to have to fight any volcan today." He said this so seriously that I was in shock. This was very unchateristic of Natsu he loves to fight.

"Oh okay I promise." I was still a little shocked but I wanted his gift. He slowly brought out the little box he had behind his back and handed it to me. I opened and say the most beautiful pair of earrings ever ( and I should know). The earrings looked like Dragon scales. Wait they actually are Dragon scales!

"So what do you think?" Natsu said with a smirk. I was completely speechless the scales changed color and had dancing flames on them.

"They're beautiful." I whispered still looking at how the flames danced. "How did you get them?"

"Oh I asked a Dragon for it in exchange for a taste of my blood." He said pointing at the wound I had stiched up earlier. I gasped. Why would he do that just for me? I picked up the earrings and put the on looking at myself in the mirror. The Dragon scales had changed into the same color as my white, yellow, and blue dress. I had to say that I looked pretty good.

"But that's not all." He said as he pulled out his guitar. I smiled. He was very good at singing and playing but had only ever showed me a couple of times. He started to play a soft melody.

(Natsu singing)

Loving can hurt,living can hurt sometimes but it's the only thing I know.
When it gets hard you know it gets hard sometimes,it's the only thing that makes us feel alive.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing hearts are never broken and times forever frozen still

So you can keep me inside the pocket of your riped jeans holding me closer till our eyes meet you won't ever be alone wait for me to come home

-----------------------------------------------------------

And that is another chapter I hope you enjoyed and please make sure to favorite and comment so I know to keep writing and did you like it I thought long and hard about this chapter okay well bye

-----------------------------------------------------------