Recovering?

Yeah, Kenny was recovering. But he didn't know if he really wanted to do it. Was he doing it for himself or just because his friend wanted him to recover?

Kenny was getting better with his depression. Getting over his suicidal thoughts. Even though he needed his medication to do it. At the hospital, he was forced to take all his meds. In order to get home, Kenny had to promise he would keep taking his antidepressants. He did promise, but did he want to keep it? At home he was given the responsiblity to keep the promise. He was also able to break it.

Kenny also had to promise he wouldn't hurt himself. He sure wanted to. He wanted to open the dresser drawer and pick up the knife. But, at the same time Kenny didn't want to. He thought about his friends, they didn't want him to. Kenny stared at his arms, thinking if Craig would notice a few cuts more. But at the end, he knew Craig would notice. And if Craig noticed... well, Kenny knew he would end up somewhere. Somewhere else than home. Maybe back to the hospital. He didn't know. But he did know that he'd rather be home.

Kenny felt bad for making Craig ditch school for a week. Craig was back at school already, Kenny didn't have to go yet. He could be home as long as he needed. But he knew he would be able to go the next day.

School. Kenny was scared of facing all the people again. They would ask him questions. Why wasn't he at school, what happened? Kenny didn't want to let them know. He didn't want anyone to know he tried to kill himself. But hopefully Craig would protect him.

But after all, Kenny was recovering.