14: Out Of My Mind

RANDOM FACT OF LIFEEEEE: :) My brother had to visit a professor and... well... he has a mohawk now... AWKWARDLY FUNNY! He was like "Uh, I'm going to wear a hat? Maybe that will cover it..." He's NOT the mohawk type of guy but I think it makes him look bad ass. Wouldn't you talk to a 20 year old, marathon running, hospital volunteering, genius guy? I sometimes wonder why he doesn't have a girlfriend... He literally looks like Puck from Glee. So funny. Anyways, enjoy the chapter. Sorry it isn't longer but I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours and I really need the sleep! :[

ααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

His claws dug into my neck before I realized what was happening. Jeff morphed but it was too late. My fingers touched the wound and when I pulled it back, there was gooey blood, dripping down my palm.

"This is only a warning," Marcus stated as he held me hostage for a moment. Jeff's face dropped, "If you tell her about her mother and father, I'll kill her."

Jeff morphed back to his human form, "Who says she doesn't already know?"

"I know you, Jeff, you're not stupid," he said quietly, "Now I'm going to let her go. You can't follow me. You can't touch me."

His grip on my arm became loose, "By the way, Aimee, you should call me if you ever dump my brother," he whispered in my ear with a slight kiss at the end. I stiffened immediately.

But before I could respond back, he was gone.

"Are you okay, Aims?"

"I, uh, yea-"

He pulled his shirt off his body and began wrapping the wound on my neck. He pressed slightly. It burned.

"Sorry," Jeff frowned, "I should have killed him when I had the chance. I hesitated," he said as he lifted the shirt away from my neck, "What the fuck?"

My heart stopped beating as he ran his fingers across my neck, "What's wrong?"

"How d-did you do that?"

"Do what?"

He took me by the hand, dragging me over to the mirror. His face was a ghostly white color as he pointed from his shirt to my neck, "How did you heal so quickly?"

"I don't know."

"Aimee. This is really... weird... Wait a second, how many drinks did you have last night?"

"I think I had 15 shots or so..."

"Damn, I didn't think it'd happen yet. You're almost to your full strength. I can feel it."

"What?"

"Aimee, it's complicated. It's part of your transformation. You're changing inside, not like... puberty... but similar concept, I guess. You're reaching a certain level of maturity, I guess. Shit what is today anyways? Tuesday - oh fuck, fuck."

 "What?"

"Hello? I'm a teacher? I don't get sick days!"

"Yeah well the school can suck it up."

"But someone will notice that we're both out."

"Pure coincidence," I poked his chest.

He tugged on his own hair, "And then the school board will get involved and I'll get fired. Oh God, I can't get fired, I'd have to move back in with my par-"

"Do you ever stop thinking?" I slapped him on his chest.

"Ouch! I don't know!"

I sighed as I watched him pull on a new green dress shirt. He buttoned it up, his fingers fidgeting with the buttons. His buttons didn't match up to the holes either. Jeff was looking like the biggest slob in the world.