Learning Runic

Electra walks to Lunaris's throne room, pencil gripped in hand.

She opens the tall iron door.

"Why do you come here Electric Elements?" Lunarid asks, not taking her eyes of whatever she is looking at.

She throws the silver pencil at Lunaris's feet. "I don't want to be the creator anymore," she states.

Lunaris turns her have towards her. "What?"

"I said I no longer wish to be the creator."

Lunaris's silver eyes turn green and cat like. Her silver hair fades to navy and her blue clothes turn black in rage.

"You are the only one with the abilities. Well, there are two others, but you don't see them here do you!" She stands up.

"Maybe I can see why they're not here in the first place."

Lunaris bares her sharp white teeth. "You will!"

"The worst you can do is kill me, and then you still don't have a creator."

She smiles. "Care to challenge that? I own you Electric Elements. You have bonded yourself to us."

"I didn't say I wasn't loyal."

"If you where you would do what was needed. I've been here for some time. I know how humans work."

"I'm not human."

She grabs Electra's face and forces her neon green eyes to look at her. She looks at the electricity pulsing in them.

"You are a earth dweller. You are human. You are less than me. You are human to me. I am the night, what are you? Human." She shoved the silver pencil into her hand. "Now if you want to be more than nothing, go create. I don't are if you go make people are go to The Silver Facility and make stars to guide those, but go! Go do your job."

She walks off, high heels clicking.

"You say guide, I say lead them wrong," Electra mumbles, remembering when the stars brought her here.

Oh she loves the night. she wears the crescent moon in pride.

She happily walks off toward the balcony to turn the sky's color, to declare that the Moonlit are still here and are not giving up. The day they do, is the day the sky will remain gold.

Jay loves this place. She was made for it. Her magic, her appearance, even her name where made for the job. Golden Jay. Golden light of the day, then to blue and black on night.

She would do anything for Lunaris.

Almost.

She knows Electra loves this place, but she feels imprisoned. Electra means more to her than any army, time of day, or potion. She has been with her since they arrived together. She is practically family.

But how far is she willing to go?

She shakes her head from her thoughts and sends silver streaks out changing the sky. Beautiful. All brought together by the stars being cast into the creamy abyss of navy, with a single silver coin joined by black smudges of ink.

As long as they stand, the night will come, bringing Electra's creatures with it.

Quill flys to the hidden Nether portal, disguised as a mirror. She perks through first though, before reentering the Overworld. The boy continues to strain his eyes at the symbols, his eyes slowly scanning.

It's all coming back.

She smiles. Good. She's continuing the job she started with him.

She steps through the rippling reflective surface. Regret in the back of her mind.

The mirror shatters. Seto looks up, startled. Quill pushes her way through, twinkling shards caught in her feathery hair and scenting her metallic wings.

The shards fly back into the frame, like nothing happened.

She walks over and sits next to him.

"Seto, what did you learn," she asks.

He looks at the page weirdly. "I think I got this..."

"Read me the first sentence."

"Runic or English?"

"Runic first, then English."

"Wot einbs alwkde frebo lal."

"Now English."

"Two beings walked before all."

"Ha ha! Look! I told you!" She says happily, metal teeth gleaming.

Seto can't help but smile.

But then, he realizes something about that that sentence.

He turns the book over only to confirm the thought. "Book of Witchcraft."

"Pardon?"

"This is the book I returned the night my parents died."

"Yes, and? The book was originally in runic, may copies where made."

"I couldn't read runic a while ago. Now I can."

"Yes, I know."

He glances at the green book. "This is the exact same copy.'

She scoffs. "Impossible!" But tension is visible in her voice.

"I remember. I was a kid, and I wrote my name in it out of stupidity. This is the same copy."

"No!"

Seto grabs her slim arm and pulls her towards her, trying to look into her eyes, but she screeches out and digs her solid gold nails deep onto his arm.

Seto crystal out in pain and she holds a hand over her eyes, screaming, "Never look me directly in he eyes! Never!"

Seto holds his bleeding arm.

But he saw her eyes.

"You seem so familiar. You aren't telling me something," he says with a smirk.

"I-I have told you practically nothing," she says.

Guilt is powerful.

"Why! why can no one tell me anything!" Seto yells, not catering about the blood running down his arm.

"Because you should not be burden with the horror!" She screams. "Just stay up hear and learn! Just.... you do not deserve this!" She yells in tragedy, spreading her wings and flying out the window.

But Seto notices something. He entered through the door of the basement. How... Like he even cares right now.