Nine

Avannas POV

I know running off like that probably wasn't the best thing to do on public television that views all around the world. And I'm 100% sure that I will be getting hate for it.

This is just great! My very first interview ever and I blow it. Most people try to make a good first impression, but me I had to run off the set like a little baby.

I had good reason though. It seems here lately that every time I get so close to dropping the horrible reality that I'm forced to call my life...someone pours more salt in the wound.

It's like come on people; I know...I was adopted, it so sad. But for fucks sake can we move on to something else now?!?

When I ran off the set I came to the one place I've always turned to when I got upset. I was at the beach one day, and I found this quiet place a little ways down where nobody ever went so it was always vacant.

The day I found that spot I named it 'over the horizon, something new will rise'. I know it's long but it fits. I go here when I'm sad, mad, or want to clear my head.

I've only ever told one person about my special spot all to myself. The only person I've EVER told is my mom–and I now relies that wasn't the best idea because now she knows where I am.

"Wanna talk about it" mom asked sitting beside me on the sand.

"Not really" I replied in a shaky voice looking over her.

"I blew it mom. No one is ever going to ask me to come on there show ever again" I added putting my head in my knees.

"That's not true baby" she replied by rubbing my back with her hand.

"YES IT IS!" I shouted...it's not like anyone can hear me.

"Listen honey, I know your upset but you can not take it out on me. I'm trying to help" she said firmly.

"I'm sorry. I'm just upset about me completely embarrassing myself on national television" I replied softly looking down in my lap once more.

"You know what you need" mom asked playfully pushing my arm.

"What" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"You need a day out" she answered poking me making me chuckle.

"By myself" I said hopefully.

"Absolutely...." She started.

"Really?!" I yelled balling my fist out happiness.

"Not" she added.

"Why" I whined.

"Because your going to be supervised" she like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay. When do we go" I asked smiling at this point.

"We're not" she answered gesturing between the two of us.

"Then who's coming with me" I asked again slightly confused.

"Your dad" she said slowly for some unknown reason.

"Daddy?" I questioned now totally lost.

"Mhmm" she responded shacking her head up and down.

"Why daddy" I asked turning around to face her completely.

"Because, me and you have a wonderful mother daughter relationship despite the circumstances. You need to have one with your father" she explained in such a caring way.

"I...mom I have a relationship with him" I said crossing my arms.

"Avanna. You may have one, but it's not very good" mom replied not even trying to hide the laugh that came through.