Questions & Answers

She has finished filming her movie a few weeks ago and has since have had more free time to do other things which included seeing more of him. Most days, with no plans, no advice, he would just randomly go to her place and invite her for a quick coffee chat or a simple walk in the park.

But today was different. He called her first.

"Hi Jea, busy ka ba tonight?"

"Hindi naman, wala ako lakad tonight Coz may meeting ako tomorrow morning."

"Ano oras call time mo bukas?"

"10am pa naman. Why ba?"

"I want to see this movie kasi. And I want to see it with you."

"Ahh. Now na? Paalam muna ako kay mommy."

"Ako na. Papunta na ko jan. Magbihis ka na."

"So inaassume mo papayagan ako?"

"Sure ako. Kaya magayos ka na."

"Fine. See you in a bit."

She was still in the shower when he arrived at her house by 5pm. He sought her mom's permission and was allowed to take her out, provided she will be home by 12mn. They had dinner first and then saw the movie. They had such a good night and best of all, he was able to bring her home at 11:15pm.

"Oh yeah, we're not late and so much time left on the clock before your curfew."

"Thanks Moe ah. I really had fun tonight."

"Thanks too Jea. I am happy na napanood ko yung movie na yun with you."

She smiled.

"Sige na Jea, pasok ka na at baka hanapin ka na din ni Tita soon."

He was about to step out to get the door for her when she grabbed his arm.

"Moe, sandali. I'm sorry but there's really something I've been dying to ask you about."

He closed his eyes. Paused for a bit before saying a word.

"What is it, Jea?"

"Remember how we talked way before we even started our team up and the show? How we promised to be open with each other para di tayo awkward?"

"Yes..."

"Well, can I be open to you now? Coz hindi ko na kasi alam iisipin ko at mararamdaman ko eh. Ayoko mag assume at kahit mukang mali, mas gusto ko na lang na iclarify mo diba?"

"Ang alin?"

"Ito? I mean, you see me often. We go out. We have coffee, dinners, now a movie. Not that ayaw kitang kasama. Pero alam naman nating.. Ano ba ibig sabihin nito?"

He took a deep breath.

"Ok. I've been looking forward to this day na magtatanong ka sa akin and thankful ako na finally, ito na yung araw na yun. But before I answer your question, may I suggest itext mo muna si mommy mo na andito na tayo kasi mahabang usapan ito at baka magalit siya sa akin if di niya alam na andito lang tayo sa harap ng bahay niyo."

"Fine." She sent the text to her mom.

"Sent. So..."

"Ok. Anong meaning ng lahat ng ito, you asked, Jea? Simply lang. Gusto kita makasama. Because I miss you. I miss 'us'. And I know it sounds weird coz you're thinking that I am still in a relationship and how and why in the world would I want to be with you?"

She didn't say a word because she's afraid her tears will fall any minute.

"Jea, I'm sorry but I just haven't had the chance to tell you na wala na kami."

"Kelan pa 'to?" She asked, relieved but a bit annoyed.

"2 or 3 weeks since our show ended. It was a mutual decision. And for almost 3 months now, we haven't spoken since."

"I'm sorry about that."

"Are you really? Or does that make you feel less guilty for going out with me all this time?"

"Well, YEAH!" She raised her eyebrow at him.

He took her hand and locked his fingers on hers.

"Jea, sorry if hindi ko nasabi sayo agad. Coz really, now lang din naman talaga tayo nagkachance mag-usap ng ganito. And I didn't want to tell you agad because ayokong isipin mo na I'm reaching out to you kasi single ako at gusto lang kita ligawan. That's just besides the point. The point is, gusto kita makasama. I miss you and I want to spend time with you."

She just smiled and held on to his hand tighter.

He proceeded.

"And since napag-uusapan na rin lang natin ito, can I also be very honest with you now, Jea?"

"Of course.."

"Naalala mo yung sa chill-out dati, yung sabi mo finifriendzone kita at tinanong kita if that's how I make you feel?"

She nodded.

"Then sabi ko lang sayo na that's the last thing I want you to feel. Ito na yun. Ito na yung kadugtong nun. Jea, I like you. A lot. And if given a chance, gusto kong alagaan ka. But I know na di ka pa ready. And ako, I'm not at my best right now and I too wouldn't want get into something with you na wala ako sa tamang disposition coz you deserve the right one. What I'm saying is, for the meantime, pwede bang ienjoy muna natin whatever this is?"

"Hindi ba mahirap yun? I mean, having no labels?"

"Well, I think how I feel about you is unconditional. Parang kahit ano mangyari, I feel like constant siya. Mahal lang talaga kita."

"Ok." She simply said as she was overwhelmed by his last words.

"Ok?"

"Ok. Basta Moe ah, if and when not so good things come along, pagusapan natin ah?"

"Yes. Basta hayaan mo lang ako na alagaan ka, mahalin ka. Hindi mo na muna kailangan ibalik lahat yun ngayon. Masaya na ako na nakakasama ka. Nakikita ka."

He said it again and she just couldn't contain it any longer. She leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Ok. Thank you." She simply said.

He was caught off guard. He stuttered before he was able to speak again.

"Alright, sige Jea pasok ka na, maaga ka pa bukas."

He went down, opened her door and walked her to the gate.

"Goodnight Moe. Thanks again."

"Goodnight Jea. Sweet dreams."

Then he drove home with a big grin on his face.