The Encounter

When she came to the set of her commercial shoot for the hair product that she is endorsing, she came across a familiar face she was not sure if she was ready to see.

"Hi Jea!" She heard her call her.

"Hi Janine."

"Weird, 'no? We have both been endorsing this product for so long but now lang tayo magkakatrabaho?"

"Oo nga eh. But I'm glad, finally, here we are."

His ex just smiled back.

"Jea, Janine start na tayo in 10 okay?" One of the production assistants cut in.

"I'll see you later Jea, I'll retouch muna."

"Sure." She simply replied.

And as if on cue, her phone rang.

"Moe?"

"Hi Jea, just checking if andiyan ka na sa shoot mo?"

"Yeah I got here mga 1 hour ago. Sorry di kita natext coz I had to charge my phone while getting ready for the shoot."

"That's fine. I sent you something kasi and I'm wondering if natanggap mo na?"

And out of nowhere, a delivery guy approached her, handing her a bouquet of flowers.

"Ano 'to? Ba't may paflowers?!"

"Coz it's Elnella day today. Did you like them?"

"I love them, thank you." Her voice smiling.

"Alright, have fun sa shoot mo. I'm just finishing my mini-presscon for my album then punta na ako jan para sunduin ka."

"Ok. If in case magtext ka or tumawag na di ako makasagot, baka nagshooshoot na ako, ok?."

"Noted. See you later, baby."

"Baby?"

"Practice lang." He teased.

"O sige na, tinatawag na ako ni Direk. By the way, Moe.."

"Yes baby?"

"She's here."

"Who?"

"Your ex."

"Ah okay."

"I just thought I should tell you. Let me know lang if di ka na tutuloy."

(Mejo awkward yun ah, but nevermind, nasabi ko na eh.)

"I will see you later Jea."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."

She was still in front of the camera when he came to the set. He quietly sat on the side when she saw her look his way and nodded, acknowledging his arrival. Then he heard a familiar voice headed his way.

"Water?" His ex offered.

"Thank you. Kamusta?" He stood up from his seat and politely accepted the bottled water.