Ready or Not

They've been working non-stop the past couple of days but none of them ever complained as that meant being able to spend a lot of time together. While waiting for their interview at the online segment of the Sunday noontime show, he quietly sat beside her and closed his eyes.

"Sleepy ka na Moe?"

"Yes baby. Can we go home na?"

"Shhhh. Baby ka jan? Mamaya may makarinig sa'yo.."

"I'm too tired to even care." Then he leaned to rest his head on her shoulder.

"Moe, Jea. Places please." One of the show's production assistants instructed them.

He stood up and as he would always do, he escorted her to her seat before he sat down on his designated chair.

Throughout the interview, he was restless, unconsciously dragging his seat towards hers. Scared he might fall of balance, she said out loud..

"Love, 'wag ka malikot please? Baka malaglag ka."

Everyone in the studio was taken a back, surprised at what she had called him.

To her rescue, he was quick to say..

"Sorry na po baby." This drew the attention to him.

"Love? Baby? What is the meaning of this?!" One of the hosts asked.

"Hahaha. Nothing. It's one of the many many things we fondly call each other teasingly. Coz in an interview before, we were asked a hypothetical question na if we were to be together, how would we want to call each other. I said 'baby' and she said 'love'." He said as he gave her a quick glance and in response, she just gave him a slightly embarrassed smile.

"Ahhh. So kayo na?" The other host asked.

"No. Not yet." He just said plainly.

"Not yet? So nililigawan mo si Jea?"

"Ok sige, for the record, hindi ko pa siya nililigawan." Then he looked at her and nodded, as if asking her permission if he can say more.

She just bit her lip then looked away. He pulled his seat closer to hers then rested his right arm on her chair's back rest. Then he went on..

"Jea and I, we're still getting to know each other better. And so far, ako, ang masasabi ko lang, is that she's very special to me. But alam ko na hindi pa siya ready and ako, I'm fine with that." He looked at her. She was still looking away.

"So Moe, are you two exclusively dating?"

"Well, I'm not seeing anyone else." He said while still looking at her. She finally looked back but gave an awkward smile.

"Alright. Abangan na lang natin ang susunod na kabanata sa Elnella. For now, Jea, invite mo na lang sila manood ng upcoming show niyo." Their friend segued to release them from the discussion.

She immediately proceeded to promote and he just watched her in silence until the segment ended.

None of them spoke until they got to her dressing room. He shut the door behind him and hugged her from behind.

"Baby I'm sorry."

"Ba't ka nagsosorry?"

"I don't know. You seem mad eh."