Too Cheesy

He asked her to the ball in his own cheesy way. He literally bought pizza and brought it to her house. They were at the garden and were half way through finishing the slices under the stars when he decided to ask her formally.

"So is that a yes?"

"Do you really have to ask pa ba? I'm almost done na with the pizza oh!"

"Siyempre. Coz there's no one I would want to go to that ball with, other than you. So please, may I have the privilege of taking you to the ball?" He stood up, asking for her hand.

"Yes Moe, I'll go to the ball with you." She stood up giving him his left hand.

He kissed it and placed both her arms around his shoulders as he closed the gap between them. He laced his fingers around her waist and rested his forehead on hers.

They started to sway with both of their eyes closed. He then began to sing.

"Itanong mo sa akin
Kung sino'ng aking mahal
Itanong mo sa akin
Sagot ko'y di magtatagal

Ikaw lang ang aking mahal
Ang pag-ibig mo'y aking kailangan
Pag-ibig na walang hangganan
Ang aking tunay na nararamdaman.."

She opened her eyes. He was looking at her lips and he went on..

"Isa lang ang damdamin
Ikaw and aking mahal
Maniwala ka sana
Sa akin ay walang iba.."

He looked her in the eyes, held her hands and pulled away a little without letting go.

"Ikaw lang ang aking mahal
Ang pag-ibig mo'y aking kailangan
Pag-ibig na walang hangganan
Ang aking tunay na nararamdaman"

He then pulled her closer, wrapping her in his arms, with her left ear on his chest.

"Ang nais ko sana'y inyong malaman
Sa hilaga o sa timog o kanluran
At kahit sa'n pa man

Ang laging isisigaw"

She started to hum, in second voice to his.

"Ang nais ko sana'y inyong malaman
Sa hilaga o sa timog o kanluran
At kahit sa'n pa man
Ang laging isisigaw.."

He held her by the chin, tilt her head a bit then planted a kiss on her nose.

"Ikaw ang aking mahal."

"You're mine." She lovingly said.

He smiled.

"Ayan ah, wala na akong utang na song sayo."

"Yey! Ang galing galing mo Moe!" She clapped her hands as they let go and sat again.

"So I'll pick you up tomorrow? Sabay na tayo sa hotel?"

"Yup."

"Alright. I'll get going na din baby."

They walked to the gate.

"Love, kamusta ka pala? I mean, with news about your break-up with her coming out? Ok ka lang ba?"

"I'm fine baby. Alam ko naman na sooner or later, mapaguusapan din. Ikaw, ok ka lang ba?"

"Ok naman. Siguro nga kasi matagal na yun and since it just went out, parang di na ako affected."

"Good. So let's just give it enough air time and shrug it off, shall we? I'll see you tomorrow baby."

He kissed her goodnight before driving off.

Before noon, he picked her up from her house and together they went to the hotel. A little before 8pm, he knocked on her door and when she came out, he was speechless.

"Moe, ok lang ba ichura ko?" She asked to break the ice.

"You look so perfect." He whispered then kissed her hair.

She fixed his bow tie and placed her hands softly on his shoulders.

"I have a very handsome date. OMG." She told him in a giggle.

He smirked then offered her his left arm.

"Shall we go, beautiful?"

"Let's rock this!" She told him as she grabbed his arm.

They walked on the red carpet together and never left each other's side until the party ended.

By dawn, he walked her to her door and gave her a kiss on the cheek before she went in.

"Thank you for this magical night, baby. I had fun. I love you."

"Thank you too, love. I love you."

And they called it a night.