Chapter three: Ghostly visitor

*~What's in the mirror; in the corner or your eye?
What's that footstep following, but never passing by?
Perhaps they're all just waiting. Perhaps when we're all dead,
Out they'll come a slithering from underneath your bed
Doctor Who-Listen~*

(Tyler's pov)
He couldn't believe he was in her house. He couldn't believe she actually let him in, and let him stay! It was a miracle. Tyler watches Iris as she paces around the room, then passes him the tea. He says thank you then just sips it silently. "So Tyler, what's new with you. Other than the whole trouble issue? Actually....what sort of trouble are you in?" Her voice is so soft, so sweet.  He smiles distantly at her and he finds his words slithering from his lips before he can even process the words.

"My dad and mom are arguing, nothing new. My house is a total dissater. Work is hard and my ex girlfriend Rachel, is trying to get back together with me. She keeps saying she was stupid, and that she's an idiot. She keeps saying she misses me and that I'm the ONE for her. Yeah ok. I just need a break a refuge if you will. And I trust you. So yeah...That's why I'm here." He swallows then looks at Iris through his lashes. She has a small, sad, smile, touching her lips. She's beautiful. He thinks. Too bad she has someone else. Shaking his head clear Tyler just waits for her response. She murmurs softly "I'm so sorry. You are always welcome here."

Laughing tightly Tyler mutters under his breath "You have no idea"
***
It's been a few days, and Tyler has situated himself in Iris' house. He was going to take the couch to sleep on, cause that's what he's used to sleeping on anyway, but she insisted he take a bed. So he trailed her up the stairs, and picked a room. Her brother's room. From the look on her face, she was dealing with immense anguish. The feeling he felt in his stomach didn't make Tyler feel good.

And so now, here he is. In Thomas's old room and he can hear Iris crying softly in hers. His heart aches for her. But there's nothing Tyler can do. Tyler turns on his side and tries to block out Iris's cries but he can't do it. Jumping out of bed, Tyler marches to her room and knocks on the door. Her cries end suddenly. And he hears her shuffle around before the door creaks open, silently.

"Hey. Sorry. Did I wake you?" Her voice is so soft, and sweet. Her lips look so tempting. Tyler finds himself leaning into her, and to his shock she responds by grabbing him into her room. Before Tyler can answer she's kissing him, frantically. Tyler kisses her back, and together they feel like one. Two souls finally meeting. Iris trails his hips, and drags her fingers through his hair Tyler groans and she hugs him tightly. Their breath becomes one, and he slips a hand beneath her shirt. The contact with skin explodes with fireworks and passion erupts between them. Tyler pushes Iris to the bed and their bodies begin to move and...

"...um Tyler you okay?" Tyler blinks and he smiles sheepishly keep your thoughts together man! Tyler nods and says, "sorry I don't mean to pry but I heard you crying and I wanted to know if you were ok...?" She blushes and so does Tyler but for a completely different reason. Iris nods and looks down sheepishly "yes I'm ok. I just have trouble sleeping at night. Ever since the accident where I lost all of my family, I've had nightmares that keep me awake at night. They haunt me and I lose more hours of sleep per day." Her voice holds so much pain, Tyler doesn't even think when he moves.

Before she can respond Tyler has enveloped her in his arms and he holds her tight. To his shock she hugs him back, squeezing like her life depends on it.

Maybe it does...

(Iris's pov)
A warm solid body envelopes me in strength and the scent of cinnamon. I snuggle in closer to this body. The breath that tickles the nape of my neck, hitches and becomes tight. I smile and snuggle in closer. The arms that hold me are muscular, but have a tan to them. Not paying that particular detail any attention I snuggle deeper. The moan that escapes the lips is delicious. I turn towards the unknown body and everything stops. The eyes that stare back at me are not blue. They're green.... "Tyler?"

I gasp and shoot up in bed. Holy hell!! My chest rises and falls at an erratic pace. Why am I dreaming about Tyler??? Well I guess it's better then dreaming about Rafael abandoning you, but still Iris.! I flop back down on my bed and sigh. Looking at my alarm clock I see that it's 5:30am. Turning back towards the window I close my eyes and try to let sleep crash over me, but it's to no avail. Sitting up, walking to the bathroom, and turning on the lights, I squint at the sudden brightness and splash water on my face. I feel a coldness brush my leg. Thinking its Zeke's nose I turn with a small smile and start to say "oh you silly..." I trail off. There's nothing there. Whipping around I look out the window in my bathroom. Nothing. I feel it again. This creeping sensation. A feeling that I'm being watched. Coolness brushes my legs again, and a shiver trails down my spine. Slowly twisting around I face the mirror. A small whimper escapes my lips then a full on scream.

A marked, and gnarled hand covers my mouth mid-scream. A hissing voice growls in my ear, "silence you fool of a girl. Silence or I'll have to kill you." I swallow and nod in response. I'm too afraid to try anything else. The hand slowly removes itself and I brave a look in the mirror. There's a girl there. Her hair is stringy, greasy and long. Her dress is tattered and covered in mud and old blood. Her knees are knobbly. Her nails are nubs. But it's her eyes that freak me out. They're green. Hollow,empty, bottomless pits. There's so much anger, fear, hatred, agony and remorse in those eyes. The girl looks back at me and a slow smile creeps onto her morbid face. "You see girl what happens when you get battered around by lies, when you get deceived to time and time again? Do you see what happens to the soul when its light is slowly swallowed by the darkness?

I was once pretty like you. But I, too, was deceived. You and I are very much alike" I swallow and continue to stare in the mirror. "We are nothing alike!" I seethe. She whispers towards me, floating on thin air. Her hands brush my cheeks and her chest crushes my back. "Ah... But that is where you are wrong Iris" shivers run like rivulets up my spine. I'm paralyzed in the spot and I can feel my control slipping away. "We... Are... Not... Alike" My lips chatter and my teeth gnash together. I feel cold. Freezing almost. Her laughter is soft but menacing. "Iris you and I are the same. Want to know why?" I swallow but stubbornly stare ahead. The girl continues anyway, "because I am you"