Chapter twelve: Trapped

*~Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel~*

(Rafael's pov)
Stay in your room, or next time neither of you will be so lucky. The voice rings in my head. It echos and slams into every crevices of my brain. Leaving behind a sticky residue of hate  and displeasure. I close my eyes against the pounding of drums that I call my brain. The beats reverberates and slashes at my core, leaving it nothing but little strips. The pain is horrendous and I fall to my knees. A scream is ripped from my gums and...

My eyes blaze to life. Fire ruptures from my hands and singes the covers. Scrambling to a stand I snarl and just as I am about to attack, I hear a voice. "Rafael, it's ok. You were having a bad dream." I whip around and there my brother stands. The doorway covers his shadow, and casts a dark, protective, wrapping around him. My breath comes in rasps and, my chest heaving, I plop down on my bed and sigh. "H-how? H-how long have I been out?"My voice is old. It crackles from not being used. Clearing my throat I wait for a reply. Damen is silent. "Damen, how long?" I growl. He shuffles in place, awkwardness hovering in his eyes. "Rafael, you have been out for a long time." I'm up and on my feet in an instant, rushing towards him, I grab his shirt by the front and snarl in pure outrage, "HOW LONG?!!" He swallows and meets my eyes, his own anger is reciprocated as he mumbles, "13 weeks."

I release him. Backing away, I stumble a few steps and then turn. "13 weeks? Are you sure?" he nods and the shock falls like a stone to the pit of my stomach. 13 weeks how? Trinity! My anger rushes to the surface and I rush from the room. My feet make pounding noises on the floor as I fly towards the sound of a crackling fire and laughter as sweet as honey. Entering through the doorway, I snarl "you!" She jumps and casually glances over her shoulder, "yes handsome?" I growl, and spit at her in a furious rage. "You put me in a coma for 13 WEEKS! And you get to sit here, relax, and take advantage of my home! You are leaving. Right. Now." Her face holds shock then anger, then fear. Trinity is silent. Her pondering echos through the room, and settles over her like a blanket. She marches towards me

SMACK!

The sting from her hit ricochets through my blood. Her hand covers her mouth in shock, and she backs away. Shock and outright fear slithers along her angelic features. "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean... it was an accident... please don't hurt me." Her stuttering and her scrambling makes me feel triumphant. I stand over her, almost an entire foot taller, and she cowers. Trinity falls to her knees and I reign above her, snarling out a response I say, "You have one week left here. Make it count while you can. Because next time I may not be so merciful."

(Iris's pov)
I've been staring at nothing for the last few minutes. My body shivers and quakes with fear. Why does all the freaky shit happen to me? "Iris you ok?' Tyler's voice slips into my subconsciousness and drips there, like a tap that isn't quite turned off. His words are lyrical, his voice melodic, his eyes tasteful. Everything about Tyler sets my body on fire and.... Whoa! Keep your emotions in check Iris! Tyler just got out of a serious relationship and besides, you have Rafael. You do NOT need another boy. Shaking my head clear, I get up from the table and walk to the living room. "Iris you ok? Talk to me!"

I shake his voice from my head and ignore him. I sink to the cushions, and close my eyes against the  sudden pain that seeps into my core.

Iris....
His voice.
Iris my love I'm here...
Rafael's voice cloaks the pain and swirls into my heart

Iris, baby, talk to me.... I'm awake...
I gasp and my heart races faster
I'm coming for you. No matter how long it takes me!
"Iris!"
I blink.
Tyler stands in front of me and he's shaking me worriedly. His eyes are alight with fear, and curiosity. I stand and slowly smile at him. Rafael is awake and he's coming for me.. Tyler backs away from me, and as the smile creeps onto my face, bigger and bigger, I know that the world will gain a protector, a friend, a messiah, once again.
I hug Tyler to me and whisper in his ear, "He is coming home." Backing away Tyler gapes at me and his eyes lose some of their life.

(Tyler's pov)
He is coming home. Those are the four little words that Tyler does NOT wish to hear. Backing away, fear and jealousy latch on to his throat and squeeze. Air escapes from his lungs in short gasps and makes his face burn with heat. Asking the one question he doesn't want to ask, Tyler prepares himself for the heartbreak, "Who is coming home?"

Her voice is a whisper, "Rafael." Turning on his heels, Tyler runs from the house. He slams the door behind him and slumps against the wood. The air is frigid and snow latches onto his eyelashes. Trapped. I am trapped in a love triangle and I can not get out! His thoughts hack at him, and Tyler lets tears slip from his eyes. They freeze the minute they touch the air. Swallowing, Tyler gets up and walks away. Not caring that his feet numb from the cold pavement. Not caring that his fingers turn blue. Not caring that his heart, slowly, freezes over.
***