Chapter thirteen: Stolen

*~Don't worry it may be stormy now, but it doesn't rain forever~*

(Trinity's pov)
She stares in horror at Rafael, his harsh, jagged words zap through her. Slowly, ashamedly, she rises off her knees and stares into Rafael's deep midnight blue eyes. She cups his burning cheek and says in a silky, purr-like voice, "You are going to kick me out? Is this all because of that Iris girl? What makes her so special? If she loved you she'd be here right now with you, not miles away living with another man and completely forgetting about you. Rafael do you really want me gone? I could replace Iris, I could make you happy!"

He stares at her and Trinity holds her ground. His eyes are two balls of fathomless fury, and his body is a tight cord of agony. She steps closer, her saccharine smile is serpentine and she sashays towards him. Cupping his cheeks Trinity leans in and whispers, "let me show you how happy I can make you" A growl is strangled from his throat and Rafael grips her by the front of her dress and throws her across the room. She hits the wall with a thump, and hisses out in pain. She hears his feet climbing towards her and as she looks up at him, Trinity whispers in a voice dripping with venom, "You are a fool. A fool with hope. As we speak your precious little Iris is being watched and will be kidnapped by the one man who loves and hates her the most."  His eyes hold fear, then shock. Trinity feels triumphant.

"No"

"Yes"

"Why? Help her you monster!"

"What do I get in return?"

He growls and says "nothing, you get my gratitude and you can stay longer than a week. But only a few days longer." Trinity sighs, not good enough but it'll have to do. For now. Trinity smiles a sugary sweet smile and nods. Rafael turns on his heel and disappeared into the shadows. But what he never realized was that Trinity never promised to save Iris, she never outright said she'd do anything. Therefore Iris, for all Rafael knows, is still going to be captured and used against him.

(Iris's pov)
Tyler has been gone for days! I do not know where he is, or if he's ok. I wring my hands and stress about his well being. I wish I could magically bring him back here, but I can't. Oh please be ok. Tyler come home.
***
One more day has passed and I still haven't heard from him. I pick up my cell and decide to call him. Maybe he'll pick up. Dialing his number, I bite my finger nail and pace back and forth, back and forth.

"Hello?"

I gasp out loud and sing hallelujah in my head. He's alive, he's alive. Tyler is ok!

"Um... Hello?"

"Tyler? It's me Iris. I know you are probably mad at me for whatever it is I did, and I know you hate me and you don't want me to call you but please hear me out."

There's silence on his end of the phone, then his soft melodic voice says, "I don't hate you. And I am not mad with you either." I am now thoroughly confused so I ask, "then why did you leave my house- for DAYS on end- and never come back? Why did you just leave, and forget everything here? Do you know how worried I have been? Do you know that I was going to start a search and rescue for you?" Tyler is silent for a while.

"No I didn't. I had no idea."

"Why would you say that?"

"BECAUSE ALL YOU TALK ABOUT IS RAFAEL AND HOW MUCH IN LOVE YOU TWO ARE!!!!"

Tyler screams the last line. I hear the pain in his voice, the agony. I hear the suffering that whips his throat and cracks his heart. I hear it all. And I have no idea how to fix it. Swallowing I say gently,
"I am sorry. I didn't know my talking about Rafael affect you that much. If you told me I would have known."

Tyler is silent then he laughs indignantly, "you still don't get it do you? You still are so blind by this man that you will NEVER see me." I can hear the tears in his eyes and I am so confused, and my heart hurts, "what do you mean? I will never see YOU? I see you all the time." Tyler laughs.

"You just don't get it."

"Then tell me. What am I missing? What is it that I am not seeing. Tyler I can't fix this if you won't tell me." He sighs then says, "I have been with you for a few months now, and you never saw the signs. I thought I was pretty obvious, especially from day one. I'm..." He stops and I whisper into the phone, "you're what?"

"I am in love with you"

Tyler hangs up the phone after that. I stare at the floor. My heart is a beating drum and I have no control over the rhythm. I am just about to sort this through my head when a knock sounds at my door.

KNOCK. KNOCK!

I walk to the door and open it slowly. The door creaks the entire way and as I stick my head out the door I see a  familiar face.

"Dad?"

He smiles, "hello honey" I step back, my body freezes over and my gut wrenches. My brain brings me back to last time. And it's all I can do to not throw up. "Why are you here?" his smile is catlike, feline almost.  Fear knows no bounds when this man steps into my house. He walks towards me, his hand outstretched and I back away, as fast as I can. Stumbling and falling and screaming for help. My father launches himself at me and tries to get a grip on me. I twist out of the way and run towards the stairs.

I take them two at a time, and just as I make it to the top, his fingers clamped around my ankle and yank as hard as they can. I scream and fall forward. Smacking my chin on the top stair. My whole body ringing with pain. He drags me down the stairs and I grab the railing for help. He pulls and tugs, and I kick and flail. Dear God help me! I try to squirm and move. My foot connects with his face and I am free. I hit the stairs with a thud, but I don't have time for pain.  Jumping up, the world spins and I tumble down the stairs barely catching myself, I rush to the front door. Wrenching it open, I leap outside and the cold air shocks me into submission. I blink and look for a way to escape, all I see is roads, and houses and cars. Groans and grunts come from inside the house and I scamper down the last few stairs, making a beeline for the road.  I don't make it very far before a pair of hands grab me and rip me inside the house again. The door slamming shut, sealing me from the outside world.

Just as I am about to scream, his voice echos in my ear, "I got you now, and there's no one to come rescue you this time." I gulp and I know that I am so screwed.

(Rafael's pov)
I feel her fear, and her pain. I feel her heart hammering in my chest. Iris is scared but I don't know why? Trinity said she'd be safe! Trinity lied to me. Iris is not safe, and she is being stolen at this very minute!  Oh no, oh no. oh no oh no oh no. I rush to the living room and holler, "TRINITY!"  "yes?' I round on her and pin her to the wall, "you said Iris would be safe!" "no I never specified, exactly. I just nodded my head yes." And I see it now. I see the triumph shining in her eyes, and I feel my stomach sink to the floor. I can feel my heart stutter to a slow stop.

I. Am. Too. Late.

I growl at Trinity, "Save her, please!" Trinity smiles and places a  delicate kiss on my forehead, laughing, "Never. Now you are all mine."