Chapter 11: Healing

*~Before you can see the light, you have to deal with the darkness~*

(Rafael's pov)
I don't know how long I've been in this god forsaken house. It's empty save for the room I'm in. There's no way to tell time here, and there's no way to tell how many days have passed. I've become so bored that I've drawn over every surface in this room. Now all I see is Iris. Her face is drawn at every angle, her eyes sparkle against the dimming fire. I have never felt more at peace. Sighing I get up and pace back and forth. Deciding to head out of the room, hoping there's something else out there, I walk to the door and open it. I'm met with a dark hallway. And silence. "Okay this is weird" slipping out of the room I enter the hallway.

SLAM!

The door behind me closes and clicks shut with a resounding click. Shivers tremble along my skin, and settle in my bones. What is going on here?? Releasing a breath I slink down the dusky hallway. I see absolutely nothing. Just silence, darkness, dust, and creaking. Then I hear a voice. A light happy voice, full of laughter. Bright and sunny in this realm of hellish darkness. I follow the sound. As I get closer, I am met with an other door. This one is mad of oak, and is light brown in colour instead of black. Light streams from under the door and a shadow ripples across the light every once in a while.

"Wow. This room is so lovely. But why am I here?" I hear a voice. HER voice. "Oh my god... Iris. My Iris." I grip the door knob and open it. As it opens on silent hinges, the women before me stops and stares. Everything about her is familiar. The way her long auburn hair lays down her back in curls. Her smile, her soft cheeks, and the way her curves all move perfectly. Her emerald green eyes sparkle. Iris. "Oh Iris, how I've missed you" walking towards her, my heart pounds harder and faster. "Rafael?" She questions me. I smile, softly. Giving her the smile I save for her eyes only. The returning smile, puts the sun to shame.

Rushing to meet her I envelope her in my arms and spin her around. "Oh my sweet Iris. My baby girl. How I've missed you." She squeezes me tightly then pulls away. I am about to speak when she kisses me. Her lips are soft and full. Her heart beats in time with mine. Her hands are in my hair gripping it tightly. Her hips are connected with mine. And everything seems right again. Fireworks explode and the sun seems to blind the world in a heavenly white. Pulling away I gasp. "I love you" she smiles and strokes my cheek, "I love you too" then she frowns. "Why are you here?"

I tell her the story. All of it. The anger the erupts behind those eyes frightens and exhilarates me. She snarls, "Trinity will wish she never laid her hands on you, when I'm done with her" I laugh. And shake my head. Then asking her softly, "baby, why are you here?" Now it's my turn to be frightened and angry when she tells me her story. Running my hands through my hair, I sigh. How the hell did that happen? "So you're at home in some coma like sleep? AGAIN?!!" Fear slithers into her eyes. And she backs away. "Raf, your eyes are glowing a red colour. You're scaring me"  I release a breath. "Sorry." Pacing back and forth I ponder on how the heck we are going, to get out of here.

But just as that thought pops into my head, everything around us start to crack and shatter. Like a two sided mirror. "Rafael what's happening?" "Iris?!" We scream at the same time. I place my hand out to reach her, but I smack into a wall. No. No, no, no! Please no... "Rafael!!" Then she screams and her side of the room goes white then nothing. I blink. I'm back in my room. Staring at the roaring fire. Staring at the drawing of Iris on the wall. I jump up and spin around. No.

There in the corner of the wall is a smudged message in cracking looking blood.
Stay in your room, or next time neither of you will be so lucky.
***
(Trinity's pov)
Weeks. That's how long I've been out. Trinity's head hurts. She doesn't remember why she was placed in this bed and why, after she begged for a home to stay, she was beaten. Her mind was empty. A blank canvas. Sitting up Trinity walks to the door, opens it, and marches down the hallway. She hears a roaring fire and heads in the direction of voices. Entering the large, familiar, room Trinity spots on of the guys. Damen I think his name was. She shakes her head to clear it and walks over on silent feet.

"So the demon is awake. How'd you sleep knowing you placed my brother in a coma like sleep, that he hasn't woken up from?" The absolute hatred in his voice is enough to burn the guilt in her belly, and freeze her to the spot. Deciding silence is better then replying, Trinity says nothing. "Well?!!" He roars out into the room. Yet he hasn't left his stance of facing the fireplace. His back still faces her. His shadow elongated. Sharp in places where is should be soft. A crawling sensation, whispers up her back and straightens her spine to rail rod straight. Everything inside her screams not to answer him. Yet there's a voice the rebels and hisses, put him in his place! He has no right to treat you that way. Say you enjoyed it. You enjoyed harming his brother, and making your mark in this world. Say you are now the queen of this realm.

The shivers die down. The monster in her slowly rises from its crouched position, and the anger rises. The audacity in him! She wails inside the tomb she calls her head. Trinity walks towards Damen, and as she gets closer to him she leans in so that her breath tickles his ear, and says "I enjoyed every minute of destroying his soul. I enjoyed dancing with fate, and I will now do the same to you!" Damen, in all his height and glory, twists around slowly. There in his eyes Trinity can see the monster. The devil in him. The one that turns those almond brown eyes into black holes that crackle with small flames. Its not the monster in him, that shuts her up. It's the power that ripples beneath the mask he wears that send her falling to her knees.

Looking down at her Damen growls, "you will pay for every mistake you ever made"
***
(Iris's pov)
My eyes slowly flutter open. My mouth is dry, and my tongue is covered in a fuzzy coating of morning breath. Yawning and stretching I slowly sit up. The world spins and black dots eat the edges of my sight. Groans, escape my lips and I stand up slowly. How long have I been out? "Weeks. You've been out for weeks. I thought you died" I yelp at the voice that answers my silent question. My heart races irratically, and I jump back a few steps.  "How- How... How did you know what I was thinking?" Tyler laughs and says, "You said it out loud Iris. Come here, let me make you something to eat and lets talk about what happened"  I don't fight him on this. I just go with it. Putting on some clean clothes, I head downstairs. I am greeted by Zeke, my darling puppy, when he launches himself into my arms. "Oof... It's nice to see you too"

I settle down at the table, and Tyler hands me my food. "So Iris, tell me what happened to you in there? Why did the sentence Something wicked this way comes, make you pass out for weeks?" I pause. That sentence. That damning sentence. Everything in me recoils at those words, and the food I had in my food turns to cardboard. I swallow hard, and look at Tyler. "Because they are the words of truth. They are the words that signify death."

As I say it I know its true. Holy Hell!! What am I going to do?