Chapter eighteen: The End of all the endings

*~ "I'll be okay," is that what you want me to say?~*

(Iris's pov)

"Hello. You must be Iris? I've heard so much about you!" The women with blue/grey eyes and red hair, and a body that could make any girl jealous, comes up and hugs me. I'm startled for a second before remembering my manners and giving her a tight smile. I don't even look at Rafael because if I do I know the pain of betrayal will hurt too much. Saraphina gives me an apologetic look, then slips out the door and disappears. clearing my throat I ask,
"Want to come in?" The women laughs and nods her head enthusiastically before trotting her way into my house. I turn to watch her as she proceeds to inspect my house, and that's when I feel him move in beside me. The door closes with a definite click and it's then and only then, do I turn to meet Rafael's eyes. Those midnight blue eyes that I love so much yet now contain guilt and betrayal in them. "Iris" he says softly, I shake my head and murmur,
"No. Don't. I have nothing to say to you right now" then I turn and walk away, towards the kitchen to compose myself. Running fingers through my hair I sigh and swallow the bile that rises in my throat.
I hear him behind me, hovering at the entrance way.
"Go away Rafael."
"Iris" His voice cracks along with my heart.
"I said go. I don't want to see you or your little play thing here ever again."
His hands land on my shoulders and spin me around before I can even protest. His midnight blue eyes gleam at me and a frown settles on his lips.
"Please. Let me explain."
"Fine. You have one minute go"
His eyes widen but then he starts to explain everything. And as the story spills from his lips dread curdles in my gut and my heart breaks some more. I can't look at him. I can't. He. Slept. With. Her.

Swallowing hard I run my fingers through my hair and say, "your one minute is up" Rafael shuts up and waits. Waits for me to answer him, but I can't. I don't know how.
"Iris say something?"
"What do you want me to say? That I'll be ok?! Is that what you want me to say?! Cause I won't be ok! Never again. But I need to know, was it all fake?"
"Was what all fake?"
"Our relationship? Were these past two years all fake? Did I mean anything to you? Did you actually love me?"
His eyes are as big as saucers, he reaches for me and says, "how could you say that? Of course it was real! You're it. Iris it's always been you. Always" I laugh. Full on laugh. My whole body shaking and tears in my eyes, as I laugh at the irony of it all. Rafael's face twists in confusion at my reaction, "it's always been me huh?" I say sarcastically. He walks towards me, his eyes softening and reaches for me.
"Please Iris, you have to believe me. She screwed with my head, I had no control whatsoever." I want to believe him. I want to. But I can't.
I shake my head no, backing away from him. I see it. The ravine it makes as his heart splits in half. The pain seizes his eyes and I can hear his heart come to a faltering stop. "Iris...please" His voice cracks and everything in me wants to fall to my knees and forgive him. But he cheated on me. He'll do it again.
"Rafael-"
I don't have time to finish when he bolts towards me. Cupping my cheeks and then smashing his lips to mine. He kisses me more passionately and desperately than ever before. I am too shocked to move, and for a second I kiss him back. But then memories come flooding my mind, good ones and bad. And I pull away.
SMACK!
Stunned silence. I cover my mouth, shocked that I hit him. I have never hit anyone in my life. Ever. Rafael pulls away holding his red, stinging cheek. His eyes as big as saucers.
"I guess I deserved that" he mutters. Before I can answer she walks in. She leans against the doorframe and just watches us. A feline smile curls onto her lip as she purrs, "darling, I was wondering what was taking you so long. Come now, let's not over stay our welcome, we are clearly not welcomed." Rafael does not answer, he finds more comfort in staring at the floor.
"Meet me outside" he mumbles. With a huff she leaves. I don't even know her name. Turning my back on him, I start to clean dishes; just to have something to do.