Chapter eight: Starfire

*~ Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there,
wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams
no mortal ever dared dream before
Edgar Allen Poe~*

(Trinity's pov)
Well isn't this just lovely? I'm stuck in hell with two drop dead gorgeous men, and neither of them seem to be affected by me! Huffing her thoughts Trinity plants herself down in a chair and waits. Waiting for what she doesn't know. The heat of the roaring fire, crackles around her and she inhales the dark scent of smoke.

Something awakens in her. Something dark and vicious. It curls it's fingers around the smell of smoke, and twists it until it's a savage, gaping hole. Her grey/blue eyes spark and a slow, serpentine smile slithers onto her face. "Well this will be fun" she hisses. Turning to face the two boys she smiles, and hisses "who wants to take a bite of my power?" They gape at her like she's insane. Maybe I am but who cares!

Laughing maniacally she sashays towards Rafael. Her fingers trail across his chest, and up to his chin, where she grips it in her delicate fingers. Her vise like grip tightens and she can hear his bones creak. "Well?" She asks. He doesn't deign her a response. Anger smothers her senses and Trinity howls in a guttural, animalistic growl, "you will answer me, or I will show you power that can destroy kingdoms and bring even the strongest of gods to their knees." His eyes say nothing.

Trinity turns and walks a few paces to her left. There she summons her power, and silver flames crackle into being in her palms. Flames the colour of stars and moonlight. Flames that are so cold they burn. Flames that make even the coldest, hardest of hearts melt. Sparks dance around her fingertips and as a sudden chilled wind picks up from inside the house, Trinity calls out "now you will see my wrath and you will bow to me!"

Wicked laughter escapes from behind her lips, and the monster she hides inside becomes unshackled.

(Rafael's pov)
Oh my god. She's insane. And now she's unleashing her power in my house! Breathing hard I try to calm her down. "Trinity! Stop! You don't need to show us your power. You don't need to prove anything, just stop!" Her howling laughter ricochets through the silenced house. "And let you two men trample me? I don't think so." She purrs in a vicious tone. Damen growls, but I don't hear what he says. As Trinity's  eyes brighten to a silver flame, that flickers with moonlight and death, she stares into my soul and a wicked smile eclipses her face.

I fall to my knees and try everything in my power not to be weak. But her strength runs through me like rivers of blood. Sticky yet life saving. "NO!" Damen roars, "Don't succumb to her power brother. Get out of this house you foul creature. You are not welcomed here. I will not accept you destroying my house. No demon is allowed here" Trinity howls with laughter. "Aw that's no fun. Aren't you the devil to my demon anyway? Aren't you my master?" She says coyly. Turning to see Damen march towards her, I see him seething with out right rage. His own monster in him burning to explode.

"Calm down. Now. Or. I. Will. Kill. You." He says it certainly and darkly. I stand up. My own demon roaring at being slain. My rage simmers, and boils. "I'd listen to him if I were you." Trinity just glares. Then her flame is unleashed. Power so bright rips through the room, and leaves angry quakes in its path. "I will doom you all!" Fear. Fear simmers in my blood. God save us all... Her eyes latch onto mine and I know it in that second, I'm her prey.

"Brother run!" I can't. I'm stuck in place. She comes closer and closer. My heart beats faster and faster. Oh god oh god. What will I do now?!! Heavy breathing drips from my lips and Trinity stands almost nose to nose with me. Her hand raised, she offers it towards me. "Don't touch her!" Damen sounds so far away. All I can think about is her. Her power and her beauty. "Come Rafael. Come see what I can make of you. Come see your full potential." I swallow once. Twice. Shaking my head to clear the fog there, I glare back at her. "No. You will dwindle this flame immediately and then leave. You are not welcomed here"

Wrong. That was the wrong thing to say. Before I can even move she shoves her hand against my chest and pushes. Her flame licks at my skin and burns. The icy coldness burns, and a scream is ripped from my lips. Triumph blasts in her eyes and my throat seizes up. No air slips into my lungs and I claw desperately at her hands. Her fire ignites with my oxygen and I can feel everything in me burning. Melting into nothing.

"...please." I beg. I'm begging. Fracking begging!! "Stop... Let...me...go..." Her eyes flicker for a moment. But they harden right after. Gasping and flailing for help I try to kick her or something. No use. I'm stuck. Forever entrapped in her stare and her flames. "You bitch! Let him go! You're KILLING HIM!!!" Damen roars, but he still sounds so far away. My knees give out and as one we tumble to the ground.

Heaving air, I look at her before the darkness claims me forever and touch her hand with the slightest of touches. Her skin ripples and black veins appear. Her skin starts to sizzle and burn. Her scream is the last thing I hear before the world around me shatters.

(Damen's pov)
Star fire. I have never seen such a power. But Trinity has it. A flame so powerful and cold that it burns. That it makes any god fall to their knees. Rafael just crumbled to the ground and his body went limp. Rage flashes through me. I launch myself at Trinity, knocking her out of the way mid scream. My brother poisoned her. I know it because of the black veins snaking around her arms. Score! Pride envelopes me. Way to go Raf.

Turning to Trinity I see the flame flicker and then die out in her eyes. Her anger simmers down to a coal. Then snuffs out completely. "I am going to lock you up until you are calm. Then you're going to leave!" No room for negotiation. She swallows but says nothing. Growling I place a finger on her head and she's out like a light in an instant. My power covers her flame and soothes her. Comforts her until she's resting in the hand of oblivion.

After I've put her in a room peacefully, I go to check on my brother. He's out cold. Kneeling beside him I place two fingers on his neck and feel for a heartbeat. Nothing. I panic. Please don't be dead. I know we've fought a lot but you can't die on me!! Not now. I feel for a pulse again. And I release a breath. There's a heart beat. But barely. He's barely alive. That witch brunt everything in him until his life source was sucked dry!! I place my hands a top his chest and concentrate. I try to send in some power to heal him but I can't break through her power.

"It's all up to you now brother. You have to fight for yourself. I can't help you. I'm not strong enough." I pick up my brother and place him in his room. As I'm leaving to go check on Trinity, I turn to Rafael at the door and whisper "we'll get her back. We'll send her away. Fight for me, fight for you. Fight for Iris." Then I leave. I hate emotional gooey things. Snarling and trembling with rage I enter into the room I've placed Trinity in and stare at her in disgust.

"You came here seeking help and you caused destruction instead. The minute my brother awakens and gains his strength back, you're gone. I'm kicking you out. No matter what he says" I know she can't hear but I see it. I see her body visibly tighten at my words. I see her hands clench.

Good let her chew on that for a little bit. To add sand to the wound I hiss right in her ear.
"If you lay a finger on any of my family or loved ones again, I will end you."