Zane x Reader - Vanilla Ice Cream

It was a warm summer's day in the land of Ninjago. You were in your room aimlessly surfing the internet on your computer, feeling bored because you had nothing to do as well as rather fed up with the heat. Before long, however, you were alerted by the sound of your cell phone's ringtone... 'Jump up, kick back, whip around and spin!'

Almost reluctant to stop the catchy tune, you reached over to the phone lying on your desk and answered it. "Hey [Y/N]! What's up?" you heard Lloyd's youthful voice ask you.

Realizing that the ninja had called you, you lightened up at the prospect of chatting with friends instead of spending the rest of the day dying from boredom.

"Oh, hey Lloyd!" you greeted. "I'm fine, just bored and hot. What's going down with you and the gang?"

"We're going to the ice cream parlour," came the answer, although it was Jay's voice this time. You heard a frustrated 'Hey!' from Lloyd in the background, and you had to stifle a chuckle at the thought of Jay snatching the phone from Lloyd.

"We were wondering if you'd like to come with us," Kai added, and you imagined him speaking into the phone over Jay's shoulder.

"Sure, that would be perfect!" you responded, and it was true. You were definitely in a better mood now that you could cool off with some delicious ice cream, and spend time with your buddies; Kai, Jay, Lloyd, Cole, Nya, and...

You felt your heart beat a little faster as you thought of Zane, the white ninja of ice. With his kind smile, gentle voice, and innocent yet somewhat erratic personality, you'd had a crush on him for quite a while but you had never told him; would a robot even be able to understand romantic feelings, let alone return them?

Your thoughts were interrupted by Nya saying, "We'll be there in about 20 minutes. Hope to see you there!"

You responded with a cheery 'Ok!' and then ended the call. You set down your phone and began to get ready. As you put on a pretty light blue sundress, you thought about how thankful you were for your friendship with the ninjas. Since you had helped them on their missions a few times in the past, they were always happy to hang out with you.

When you were ready, you headed out the door and began walking towards the ice cream parlor in town. The sun was high in the sky and its bright rays warmed your skin. Luckily, the parlor wasn't too far away, and you were able to make it there without having to ride a taxi.

By the time you got there, the ninjas had already arrived and were standing outside the building, although they hadn't ordered any ice cream yet. Your six friends waved at you as you approached.

"Hey [Y/N]! Glad you came!" Cole said.

"Hi guys!" you said as you joined them. You scanned the group of ninjas and when you spotted Zane's adorable face smiling at you, you felt your cheeks heat up and you lowered your head a bit so that nobody would catch your blush.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get some ice cream!" Jay cried. Everyone exclaimed in agreement and you followed them into the parlour. It was a pretty nice place with a pleasant atmosphere and comfortable-looking seating. You looked over at the ice cream display with all the different flavors and colors behind the glass. They all looked very tempting.

As you pondered which flavor to get, the ninjas began to place their own orders. Kai asked for Caramel Dream, Cole asked for Triple Chocolate, Jay asked for Lime Zest, Nya asked for Raspberry Swirl, Lloyd asked for Candy Crunch, and Zane simply asked for vanilla.

"Vanilla is so boring," Jay whispered, glaring at Zane.

"Jaaaay, be nice!" Nya snapped.

The ninjas paid the worker behind the counter, who began scooping up ice cream for their orders. But at that moment you realized something...