Morro x Reader - A Cold Breeze

It was a cold, silent night. Everyone else in Ninjago was probably fast asleep, but not you.  For some reason, you just couldn't get to sleep even though it was midnight. Your mind was consumed events that happened months ago, which you had hoped to forget. You sighed and walked over to your windowsill, gazing out at the stars twinkling in the indigo sky, and reminisced...

~

For most of your life, you had lived in a simple town called Stiix that had been built above the water. Stiix was known to be the home of thugs but it wasn't that you were a criminal or anything; the truth was, your mother was and so this was just where you had been born.

You got bored of your life at one point. Sure, madness and mayhem often occurred in this town, but you had gotten used to it by now. You sometimes found yourself wishing something different could happen for a change. Little did you know, your wish would come true in a way you never wanted.

Along came the days when the ghosts from the cursed realm invaded the town, wreaking havoc and bringing their sinister intentions with them. You had always hated ghosts, and you had no choice but to put trust in the renowned ninja to save the day.

During one particular night when the ghosts were rampaging the town, you hid in what you prayed would be an abandoned building. You saw wooden furniture in pieces, old cobwebs, and there was a lot of dust that caused you sneeze a few times. It was kind of spooky, but you didn't know where else to hide in order to protect yourself from the fiendish ghouls. And for added defense, you kept a bucket of water by your side, for it was the only thing that could extinguish ghosts.

However, after a while, the temperature in the room suddenly dropped. You wrapped your arms around yourself and glanced around with apprehension, extremely creeped out. You screeched in terror when a translucent, greenish figure seemed to melt through the wall.

"Get the heck away from here!" you shouted, your voice shaking no matter how hard you tried to control it. You splayed your hands in front of your face as if that would get the ghost to leave you alone, and shot a glance at the water bucket beside you.

The ghost turned his head towards you, looking surprised. It seemed as if he hadn't expected to encounter anyone else in here. You saw that he had black hair with a green stripe on the side, and he looked somewhat familiar...

"You're the spook that literally let all hell loose on this town!" you realized, anger edging your tone. Your hands gripped the metal bucket as you prepared to chuck the water at him, banishing him for good.

"Relax!" the ghost--who was called Morro, if you remembered correctly--said quickly, raising his hands up in an attempt to look innocent. "I just came here to think."

You glared at him, unmoving.

He sighed, and as he did, the room got even colder, causing you to shudder. "Try to trust me, okay? I need to take a break from my master plan sometimes."

"So? You're evil!" you retorted.

Morro gave a sad sort of chuckle. "You know, sometimes I wonder about whether what I'm doing is truly justifiable. But it's too late to go back now, isn't it? I died trying to prove myself, and now I'm spending my afterlife doing the same thing."

You scowled even more at him. "If you think you can garner any sympathy out of me, then you're wrong!"

"Who said I wanted sympathy?" Morro murmured. He blew some dust off an old tabletop and distractedly watched the dust specks float through the air. You shivered again and watched him uneasily. You came to the conclusion he was probably trying to let your guard down so he could kidnap you when you least expected it, but despite this assumption, you couldn't bring yourself to dump the water on him.