[REQUEST] Lloyd x Reader #2 - Candy Lovers

This is for  Yumi_Dranix, who wanted another Lloyd x Reader story. I am sorry for taking SO long to get to this; I haven't been writing for months because I was busy with other things. I hope this turned out ok though and I'll try to write more often again!

A new sweet shop called Candymart had opened up in town. Whenever you walked past it, you couldn't help but to think of your favorite ninja friend, Lloyd. When he was younger, he had caused a havoc in your town and demanded tons of candy. But a long time had passed since then, and now Lloyd was the green ninja as well as one of your best friends. The poor guy had gone through so much and had a lot of responsibility resting on his shoulders, and you hadn't seen him with any candy for ages. You also hadn't been hanging out with him as much as you used to, mostly because he seemed to be distancing himself from everyone.

Lately you had been thinking of ways to help Lloyd get a break. Today, while lounging in your room, you had an idea. Maybe you could take Lloyd candy shopping to help him rekindle his love for sweets and cheer him up. He'd be as happy as a kid in a candy store; or rather, a teenager in a candy store!

Hoping your idea was a good one, you picked up your phone to call Lloyd. You prayed he wasn't too busy. To your relief, he answered your call with a "Hey".

You involuntarily smiled as his buttery voice met your ears. "Hi, Lloyd! What are you doing today?"

"Training, I guess," he responded vaguely.

"Oh," you said, trying to keep disappointment out of your voice. "I was hoping we could go to that new candy store..."

"Candy store?" Lloyd echoed, his interest piqued.

"Yeah, it's called Candymart and it's not too far to walk there," you explained, "but if you're too busy training, maybe we could go there some other time?"

"No, no, I'm not busy," Lloyd responded quickly. "The training...uh...isn't very important and can wait until later."

You smiled to yourself, wondering if training had been on his schedule in the first place. Either way, you were glad that the prospect of candy had helped coax him out of the reclusive shell he had developed over the past few weeks.

"That's great! Care to meet me outside Candymart at, like, 3:00PM?" you suggested.

"Yeah, I'm down for that," Lloyd responded, and you detected a bit of cute awkwardness in his tone.

You gave Lloyd the address to the shop, and after a quick exchange of goodbyes, ended the call.

It was a little past 2:00PM at the moment, so you decided you might as well start getting ready. You usually weren't too concerned with how you dressed yourself, but today, you knew the perfect outfit to wear. You put on your white T-shirt that had a cute picture of a lollipop with a ribbon around it. Then you put on some [favorite color] pants.

Not much later, you left your house to walk towards Candymart. You were looking forward to seeing Lloyd again, but also a little bit nervous for some reason. You weren't sure why. For almost a whole month Lloyd had been acting down in the dumps, and you mostly communicated by phone calls in which he sounded quiet and solemn.

When you arrived at Candymart, you were a bit early and Lloyd wasn't there yet. So, you looked up at the blue sky dotted with white clouds and waited. You had brought your money with you, planning to buy Lloyd whatever candy he wanted... assuming it wouldn't be too much. You began to daydream about Lloyd to pass the time, thinking about how gentle and caring he was while also being a strong and brave ninja.

Your mind had wandered off, and you forgot to keep an eye out for Lloyd. His greeting broke you out of your thoughts: "Hi, [Y/N]."

You quickly turned around with a grin on your face to see Lloyd, who was right beside you. "You're here!" you exclaimed, delighted; but then your excited expression changed to one of bashfulness as you took in the sight of his soft eyes and wisps of creamy hair. You had almost forgotten how amazing he looked.